Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see what happens but if Zinchenko goes I only expect one left back to join. That will be through choice. If Zinchenko stays I think he'll struggle foe game time and a lot of the game time he does manage will be further forward.
So if Zin stays you would not expect us to sign Cuc then because 4 is too many?

Agree 100%...I've been saying the same thing since Zinny's move to Arsenal has gained serious steam...for the millionth time Cucurella has NEVER been viewed by City as a replacement for Zinchenko...either we bring in another back or promote someone like Wilson-Esbrand...
Peps taken a couple of the EDS full backs on the preseason tour. JWE & Rico Lewis. JWE probably the most likely but has had his injury issues last couple of seasons.

While I agree myself, in fairness, we can't possibly know that. There is just as much chance the club knew Zinchenko would leave and looked at Cucurella in case that happened, as there is they identified Cucurella as an additional targeted player. We can read into it how we want to, but there is nothing clear cut.
That’s true but most reports seemed to be saying we were happy for Zin to stay and we’ve been after Cuc for what seems like ages!

I think we would still sign him because we want a different kind of left back , but I doubt Zincheko would get more than a handfull of starts probable a few league / FA cup games. He might be thinking the same which is why he's open to moving. I strongly doubt we'll replace him with a 4th full back. Might be wrong.

I think we would still sign him because we want a different kind of left back , but I doubt Zincheko would get more than a handfull of starts probable a few league / FA cup games. He might be thinking the same which is why he's open to moving. I strongly doubt we'll replace him with a 4th full back. Might be wrong.
We will see. I’m not sure what’s going on either.

That is a valid way of putting it.

If Zinchenko was keen on staying, with 2 spaces in the squad and money there, I would think we would still be looking to add Cucurella.

If we had already signed him, before the likelyhood of Zinchenko leaving becoming apparent, I don't think anyone would think, we have too many FBs, we need to get rid of one.

Which then begs the question, why would you not replace an outgoing Zinchenko.

I get BP's and others' thinking though, and I think we have to very much be open minded to that being exactly what the club wants. Time will tell.

That is a valid way of putting it.

If Zinchenko was keen on staying, with 2 spaces in the squad and money there, I would think we would still be looking to add Cucurella.

If we had already signed him, before the likelyhood of Zinchenko leaving becoming apparent, I don't think anyone would think, we have too many FBs, we need to get rid of one.

Which then begs the question, why would you not replace an outgoing Zinchenko.

I get BP's and others' thinking though, and I think we have to very much be open minded to that being exactly what the club wants. Time will tell.
Yeah it’s interesting. We have been linked with Sosa today with the report suggesting if we don’t get Cuc we will go after Sosa. Open the replies and every other tweet is “we need both”

Last edited:
Yeah it’s interesting. We have been linked with Sosa today with the report suggesting if we don’t get Cuc we will go after Sosa. Open the comments and every other tweet is “we need both”

A very similar situation, chances well are the club are looking at him as an alternative to Cucurella. I don't particularly doubt that myself. But equally, could just as as well be the club are looking at him to replace Zinchenko with a 10m profit, with Cucurella still the main target.

As with all speculation, Timing plays such a big part. But isn't always as linear as it maybe seems on the face of it.

A very similar situation, chances well are the club are looking at him as an alternative to Cucurella. I don't particularly doubt that myself. But equally, could just as as well be the club are looking at him to replace Zinchenko with a 10m profit, with Cucurella still the main target.

As with all speculation, Timing plays such a big part. But isn't always as linear as it maybe seems on the face of it.

I think it’s only Neymar and the left full back situation causing much debate at the moment and the former is slowing.

God I’m boiling.

I think it’s only Neymar and the left full back situation causing much debate at the moment and the former is slowing.

God I’m boiling.

That is a huge credit to the club imo.

Secured all our main targets. Sold players on quickly for decent value. Extended a few key contracts. Sold on a bunch of academy players. Leaves only 1 player going into the season with only 1 year left on contract. Plenty of money in, room in the squad, just any surprise outgoings to deal with now (don't think zinch is a surprise as such).

So naturally, fuck all for us punters to argue about other than how many FBs do we 'need', is Palmer better than Messi, what do ItKs K, and what would we do with a problem like Neymar.

Happy days, all said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.