Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see if Arsenal give Zinc the one thing we never did, a prolonged run in his preferred position as a midfielder. Good luck to him (but not against us).

It's not undone any of the good work we've done in bringing players in and I'm not telling anyone else to not be excited or to care any more or less than they do about him leaving.

But he's a personal favourite and, I believe, a drastically underrated player by many who didn't get the send off he deserves.

I'm hardly not going to voice that opinion just because we've signed some new players.

He played a good role in the run in and went out winning the league title with an assist for the second goal. The perfect send off in my view.

One positive that I am taking from our sales so ffar is that they could well result in keeping the Rags out of the CL again. I think it is pretty safe to assume that us and the Dippers will be in the top 4 and it is also likely that so will Chelsea. This leaves Spurs, Arsenal and possibly the Rags battling for the final spot.

If Jesus and Zinch can get Arsenal there then great, doesn't the Rags sponsership get hammered if they fail to qualify for the CL for 2 consecutive years?

From a cold business standpoint Zinny's value will probably never be higher so not a bad time to cash in.. but as a fan this one hurts. I always hate seeing one of the "glue" guys leaving the club. It feels very similar to when Zaba left a few years back for me. Zin always gave it his all, fought for his place when he could have easily gone elsewhere, and most importantly was a great person off the pitch. So this one stings a lot. All the best Zin, you deserve to have a great career. :(

From a cold business standpoint Zinny's value will probably never be higher so not a bad time to cash in.. but as a fan this one hurts. I always hate seeing one of the "glue" guys leaving the club. It feels very similar to when Zaba left a few years back for me. Zin always gave it his all, fought for his place when he could have easily gone elsewhere, and most importantly was a great person off the pitch. So this one stings a lot. All the best Zin, you deserve to have a great career. :(
Zaba was on another level

Losing Zinchenko, who barely played last season and was never a top player to begin with, has taken the gloss off a summer for you where we signed Erling Haaland? You need help.

He seemed a great lad and did well for himself but we’ve lost much better players over the years and we’re still here. If you feel this way despite signing Haaland and Alvarez then you might be beyond saving.
I dunno. If I won a shit load betting on city losing a game. It's got to be bittersweet.
I mean I won, but I would have also lost a little of my soul.

See what I did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.