Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top stuff, he was a reasonable player for us but not the level seemingly we need. In a few years i see him as a top level left back or wing back, not via pace but brains. I am happy City trained lads are starting to show their worth at top clubs around Europe.

I know some lads here want us to keep them all and i get that but it is not reality is it chaps. Zinchenko is a fine player with a good footballing brain, he will have a long solid career around the top if not eventually at it. The fee is good, Wolves get a fantastic player, i wish him the very best.
....and hopefully we have a sell on, or buy back clause.

He's a left sided player. It wasn't a fair comparison to make with Mendy, Laporte etc, and neither is it that relevant to compare him to De Bruyne. He played his best games as a left sided player, and the number of appearances he got last season means he was indeed useful. His appearances undermine your argument. He might be a fringe player, but he was a fringe player who made a significant contribution.
He did make a significant contribution and I'm grateful for it. His appearances though were at left back (which doesn't chime with your argument) with Delph and Mendy injured, before Laporte signed and he lost his place there to Danilo in the end, so I don't see how it undermines any argument. He's a great young player with potential, there's no place for him here, by the reports we're getting a good fee so it's best for him and best for us.

He did make a significant contribution and I'm grateful for it. His appearances though were at left back (which doesn't chime with your argument) with Delph and Mendy injured, before Laporte signed and he lost his place there to Danilo in the end, so I don't see how it undermines any argument. He's a great young player with potential, there's no place for him here, by the reports we're getting a good fee so it's best for him and best for us.
OK. I thought you were saying he had little role in the squad. He played last season and if we sell him, we have a footballing loss.

I’m a bit shocked by that news. Thanks
I am too to be honest. He was never going to be a left back, he wasn’t the best when having to run back and turn, and was often caught ball watching & out of position as a result.

That being said, I would’ve loved to have seen the lad given a proper chance, (maybe in a cup game or two last season), in his preferred attacking role, just to see if he’s as good as I reckon he’s gonna be if he’s given the opportunity to play there on a regular basis for Wolves.

Good luck to the lad, in my opinion Wolves have got a real bargain, at £16m, played in his preferred midfield attacking role, I can see him being a big crowd favourite at Molineux

For anyone but a Pep team who is so exacting in his requirements this lad will shine. In another time and place indeed Pep would be perfectly happy with him imo. it is just here he has the platform to build footballing perfection. Selling Zinchenko i feel is no mistake by us or slight on him, he is a young great player who deserves maximum game time that we can't give, the fee reflects that i feel.

....and hopefully we have a sell on, or buy back clause.
I would like first dibs on refusal personally, i think he is that good that coming back if he continues to progress is something i can see happening reasonably easily. This depends on his desire and if he kicks on personally at Wolves. Beyond that i think 16m is a decent fee, however if he started to keep his shit and shine even if Wolves collapse and people take note, damn right i want a cut for us if he went for 60 or so million :-D

Sad to see him go if and when it does happen. And it seems inevitable. We just won't have room for him regardless of his potential.

A great presence around the squad too. Always heavily involved in any shenanigans that are caught on camera. From what I've read a genuinely nice guy with a lot of character too. No doubt Mendy will fill the gap he leaves on and off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.