Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing scarier than watching people not realize how thin our squad is and how dangerously unbalanced its depth. Yes, we won the PL, we have an abundance of talented players, but we barely did it in the final day. Opening this forum and seeing people think we can just do away with very useful options without bringing someone is hard to grasp. I was okay with bringing the future Barcelona player to increase the squad… if he comes at the expense of losing this guy, it’s not good at all
Would’ve been interesting to see the reaction if Villa knocked that win. In a thin line between failure and success. Our squad was the thinnest of the top 6.

Nothing scarier than watching people not realize how thin our squad is and how dangerously unbalanced its depth. Yes, we won the PL, we have an abundance of talented players, but we barely did it in the final day. Opening this forum and seeing people think we can just do away with very useful options without bringing someone is hard to grasp. I was okay with bringing the future Barcelona player to increase the squad… if he comes at the expense of losing this guy, it’s not good at all
Think the days of having two stars for each position isn't a thing anymore, you've seen it with us and Liverpool how it's about having a really strong squad, not necessarily in every position but it's about quality

If cucurella comes in we don't need a 3rd choice LB (which is what Zinchenko will be) when Ake can do that role if and when required

Think the days of having two stars for each position isn't a thing anymore, you've seen it with us and Liverpool how it's about having a really strong squad, not necessarily in every position but it's about quality

If cucurella comes in we don't need a 3rd choice LB (which is what Zinchenko will be) when Ake can do that role if and when required
Don’t twist my words. I never said a word about stars, especially because these players are anything but.
The idea that we can let go of Zinchenko because we’re getting another player is just more reinforcement of how we have assimilated the “small squad” mentality that has cost us. Bring the guy and keep the other, fine. “Replacing” is shit

Don’t twist my words. I never said a word about stars, especially because these players are anything but.
The idea that we can let go of Zinchenko because we’re getting another player is just more reinforcement of how we have assimilated the “small squad” mentality that has cost us. Bring the guy and keep the other, fine. “Replacing” is shit
If we're talking about a DM I'd agree as we have no cover but we don't need a 3rd choice LB.....especially one we could get upwards of £30mil for

IMO its much more than just how many players and how big a star they are.

Its what he brings to the dressing room that is important
The rest of the squad at City love Zinny, He galvanises this team. Its about squad togetherness much more than anything else, even if that means having a slightly below standard.

But not only that, Zinny is actually good, for an attacking defender he's nearly as good as Cancelo especially when you take into account that he can defend better than Cancelo.

It doesn’t add a lot to this thread but can I say how disappointed I will be if he leaves this summer because City don’t want him.

Not only through sentimental reasons (ie what he’s going through viz a viz his country) but also the fact that he’s a great squad player and seems to love the club.

I obviously have no inside info.

It doesn’t add a lot to this thread but can I say how disappointed I will be if he leaves this summer because City don’t want him.

Not only through sentimental reasons (ie what he’s going through viz a viz his country) but also the fact that he’s a great squad player and seems to love the club.

That plus him having a new baby is what i think will be why he stays and accepts a somewhat lesser role without kickin up a fuzz

IMO its much more than just how many players and how big a star they are.

Its what he brings to the dressing room that is important
The rest of the squad at City love Zinny, He galvanises this team. Its about squad togetherness much more than anything else, even if that means having a slightly below standard.

But not only that, Zinny is actually good, for an attacking defender he's nearly as good as Cancelo especially when you take into account that he can defend better than Cancelo.
Agree very versatile, calm head and gives everything...will be sorely missed i think

Think the line from City is he is very well thought of and loved at City, but, as with all the players, they wouldn't stand in the way if he wanted to leave. If Zinny wants guaranteed minutes at another team, then fair play to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.