Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 25 now so as I said it all depends on if he is happy to sit on the bench most games. The simple fact is all our other midfielders are better than him. That's not a slight at Zinny it's just the facts. I'd love him to stay but I also wouldn't be sad if he put his career first.
He hasn’t complained before so I hope Pep can se a use for him in midfield. Hope he stays loyal, egotistical side of me wants that

As a central midfielder he’s only got Kdb Gundogan and Bernardo ahead of him. Its more tempting than Cancelo and Cucurella ahead of him for one spot
and foden in the pecking order. He'll get the nod there over zinny almost everytime. So will Phillips if he arrives.

I agree but Phillips seems to be the choice. Pep has very rarely played him in his natural position (although he can do a similar job to Phillips).
Phillips is a defensive mid. Zinchenko is a cm.
Phillips usage is to offload Rodri. Zinnys would be to offload Gundogan Kdb and Bernardo

Missed the game. Brilliant as u guys say and online too and that from mid field... Something for pep to think about?

Last edited:
and foden in the pecking order. He'll get the nod there over zinny almost everytime. So will Phillips if he arrives.
Foden played cm and am 4 times last season. He’s a pure winger now. It’s a question of squad depth too. There is definitely use of Zinny centrally

Could in a 2 piv but we rarely play that other than against top teams. Zinnys spot would be in front of the dm.
He could do that role too and save us some money but the key bit is Pep. The other bit is how much Leeds is going to ask for Kalvin Phillips

Zinchenko MOTM. Easily. And hardly ever loses the ball.

I understand why some on here immediately want to see him in midfield. But as a LB he is more a midfield player with a lot of freedom rather than in the centre of midfield. In my opinion he is still the best LB we have although Cancelo deserved to play there. But Zinchenko let the left side tick. As he did the Ukraine team tonight

Pep should not let him go unless the player wants to and we get decent money for him. I doubt Zinchenko himself wants to go.

But we need a replacement for Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.