Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly doubt he could as a lone dm. Again, just like with putting him at lb we move him away from his natural position... he’s creative, not destructive and we’ve also seen his defensive level isn’t that high
Phillips' defensive qualities are better than Zin's but aren't that great either

Highly doubt he could as a lone dm. Again, just like with putting him at lb we move him away from his natural position... he’s creative, not destructive and we’ve also seen his defensive level isn’t that high
I forgot Leeds defensive record has been great when Phillips has played.

Zin would shit all over Phillips as a lone holding mid.

Zin was comfortably the best player on the pitch in a crucial game against decent opposition. Everything good Ulkraine did went through him.

He could easily be used as a squad player in the Rodri holding role and is quite clearly a far more technically gifted player than Kalvin Phillips could ever dream of being.

Question is wether Zin wants to play every game as he’d be a starter at most PL teams.

If he does decide to move on then we should be getting an absolute minimum of 35-40 million.
That game tonight would have put another £15m on the asking price!

Phillips' defensive qualities are better than Zin's but aren't that great either
Simple question: why would City go for Phillips if he “wasn’t so great” and not just play Zinny there who’s NEVER played as a alone dm?

Zinny is creative, why waste that?

False. As there are no evidence for that claim. Next.
In a Pep team where keeping the ball is key there is very clear evidence for that claim.

If you can’t see that Zin is far better technically and at ball retention that Phillips then i am afraid I give up.

Fairly below average 1v1. Defensive stats are meh. Short. More a fit at 8 than 6, hence City are going for a dm signing. Or they would’ve tried him there.imo
I tend to agree. I love him as a player but I just don't think he has the physical tools to play as a 6.

Zinchenko MOTM. Easily. And hardly ever loses the ball.

I understand why some on here immediately want to see him in midfield. But as a LB he is more a midfield player with a lot of freedom rather than in the centre of midfield. In my opinion he is still the best LB we have although Cancelo deserved to play there. But Zinchenko let the left side tick. As he did the Ukraine team tonight

Pep should not let him go unless the player wants to and we get decent money for him. I doubt Zinchenko himself wants to go.

But we need a replacement for Mendy.
He showed tonight why he is such a good option for us at left back and would be such a shame to lose him. Always so comfortable on the ball, able to pass forward and use the ball, never loses it and an absolute leader on the pitch and off it.

Bottom line is he’s a cracking option at left back for us and I really hope he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.