Oleksandr Zinchenko

Just remind me… why were we even playing with that back four? Two unreliable defenders on the flanks, and an ageing (albeit legendary) player at centre-half, which is not even his natural position and never will be.
Was our injury situation that bad at that point? I seem to have wiped it out in the euphoria of lifting the PL title against Villa.

Had a look. We had Ake, Mbete and Egan-Riley on the bench. We had numerous injuries at the back at that point.

Drew 2-2

We had 31 shots with 8 on target.

West Ham had 6 and 2. Typical.

Not that it mattered in the end :)

Just remind me… why were we even playing with that back four? Two unreliable defenders on the flanks, and an ageing (albeit legendary) player at centre-half, which is not even his natural position and never will be.
Was our injury situation that bad at that point? I seem to have wiped it out in the euphoria of lifting the PL title against Villa.
Stones went off injured in the first Real game (with Ferna coming against Vinicius at right back), Walker went off in the second leg, Dias picked up loads of knocks and was out for the final few games, and Ake was returning from injury and not fully fit. To make matters worse Laporte was playing through an injury.

Edit: it remains, though, a bit of a Pep mystery why we didn't start the final day with Stones and Laporte at CB, Cancelo on the right and Zinny on the left. Possibly because he didn't like what he saw at West Ham? It just about worked out in the end! Would have been a proper "what the fuck was he thinking?" if the game had panned out differently!

Last edited:
Stones went off injured in the first Real game (with Ferna coming against Vinicius at right back), Walker went off in the second leg, Dias picked up loads of knocks and was out for the final few games, and Ake was returning from injury and not fully fit. To make matters worse Laporte was playing through an injury.

Yes, that's what I thought. I wonder whether last year wasn't actually our greatest title triumph, in the light of all that. We basically didn't have a proper defence, and we still got it over the line.

Yes, that's what I thought. I wonder whether last year wasn't actually our greatest title triumph, in the light of all that. We basically didn't have a proper defence, and we still got it over the line.
It's up there for those reasons imo. Laporte will never get the credit he deserves for the courage and balls he showed, too. And as always the biggest "what if?" will be what might have been if Walker hadn't gone off in Madrid!

Edit: it remains, though, a bit of a Pep mystery why we didn't start the final day with Stones and Laporte at CB, Cancelo on the right and Zinny on the left. Possibly because he didn't like what he saw at West Ham? It just about worked out in the end! Would have been a proper "what the fuck was he thinking?" if the game had panned out differently!
I asked that question in the post-match thread.

However, if he had, we might not have had those glorious seven minutes.

He has never said anything like that, he left to play more, dont make shite up , he was a model pro here, nice kid , leave him be

Did you miss or just choose to ignore the word fanbase in the first paragraph?

Same blokes who probably slag their ex off because they knew far better than to stick around.

All our ex players especially the last few years played a massive part in our success. Taking Zin for example, we don't win that title last year without him against Villa. He drove us through the last 35 minutes of that game. All whilst dealing with his family and friends getting fucking bombs dropped on them

But no, he's a shit talentless ****.
Zinchenko always played his heart out and gave everything he had for the cause.
He made some mistakes I suppose, but we are all guilty of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.