Oleksandr Zinchenko

No, I don’t think he should.

Vinnie, Sergio, Merlin and Dinho are legends, as are the Holy Trinity.

Zinc wasn’t here long enough to fall into that category.
I liked Zinchenko when he was with us but I agree with this. He’s a good player but not a great one and I think his status was elevated somewhat when Russia invaded Ukraine and the whole fanbase - me included - got behind him. Setting up Rodri for that crucial equaliser on the last day of last season cemented that.

His status was elevated even further earlier this season when it seemed he couldn’t put a foot wrong for Arsenal, while our season hadn’t truly got going. Cue numerous “We shouldn’t have sold Zinchenko to Arsenal” comments, no doubt many of them from fans who felt we got a decent fee for him at the time!

Villa game last season his better width and passing were part of what turned it around and gave us the title.
His celebrations were class. He'd run his time at City but always did his best and never whinged.
Unlike Cancelo he will always feel a great part of a great era.
Other than against us I will continue to wish him the best.

Villa game last season his better width and passing were part of what turned it around and gave us the title.
His celebrations were class. He'd run his time at City but always did his best and never whinged.
Unlike Cancelo he will always feel a great part of a great era.
Other than against us I will continue to wish him the best.
That is all he has over Cancelo.He did not whinge.
Now I loved Zinchenko.Brilliant buy,gave his all,punched above his weight but Cancelo until the end of last year was better in every way.
Zinchenko had a brilliant start form wise to his Arsenal career but once the inevitable bad spell with positional errors started I did not understand why Arsenal did not give Tierney more games over him.

I liked Zinchenko when he was with us but I agree with this. He’s a good player but not a great one and I think his status was elevated somewhat when Russia invaded Ukraine and the whole fanbase - me included - got behind him. Setting up Rodri for that crucial equaliser on the last day of last season cemented that.

His status was elevated even further earlier this season when it seemed he couldn’t put a foot wrong for Arsenal, while our season hadn’t truly got going. Cue numerous “We shouldn’t have sold Zinchenko to Arsenal” comments, no doubt many of them from fans who felt we got a decent fee for him at the time!

Zinchenko is a poor left fullback as was found out countless times for us and for Arsenal. He`s weak and has no pace. Never been an overlapping fullback. What he is is a supplimentery mid-fielder which is by far his best position. Unfortunately for him he wouldn`t and shouldn`t get a spot as one of our midfielders. Kevin De Bruyne, Gundogan, Rodri, Bernardo, Stones, Lewis, Foden, Grealish are better than him.

I didn’t really rate Ake but he’s been excellent this year and in fairness my poty behind Haaland. When he nailed down lB after Cancelo left he had a big hand imo in helping Grealish look more confident.

To be fair I wasn't sure when we first signed Ake, but he's turned out to be a brilliant player. Like you say, since Cancelo has gone, he's stepped up and it's actully improved Grealish also.

I can see how you may have made your comment at the time, regarding Ake not being as good as Zinny, but I think since then Ake has proven that not to be the case. That's no slight on Zinny, just how things have shown themselves to be.

I have the benefit of hindsight also!

He’s built up a fake persona and created a narrative with this fanbase that his sale was the main reason why at times we weren’t doing well.

Criticising Pep, Tixxi and anyone else at the club for selling him. Even going as far as questioning why we would sell him and buy Haaland!

It’s been 9 months of ridiculous flapping and as per usual Pep and Tixxi actually know what they are doing after all.
He has never said anything like that, he left to play more, dont make shite up , he was a model pro here, nice kid , leave him be

He’s built up a fake persona and created a narrative with this fanbase that his sale was the main reason why at times we weren’t doing well.

Criticising Pep, Tixxi and anyone else at the club for selling him. Even going as far as questioning why we would sell him and buy Haaland!
Are you implying that Zinchenko up this?

there is 68000 members of this forum, why does my opinion matter?

why does it makes people give a shit? tbh it realy doesn't and is irrelevant, I say hope he cries it is probably 000.01% in tune with any oher opinion so why care what I say it means notging to tge general love in for the man and doesn't stop you all circle jerking about him
i hope zincy cries...... with happiness after his old friends have won the treble :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.