Oleksandr Zinchenko

Good lad, good character, absolutely the sort of player who could take a team struggling for 4th place and help get them to second, not quite good enough at the sharp end of elite footballers. Has a tendency to let emotion get the better of him, and for all his skills he can get found out defensively in the biggest games and biggest moments. For all the praise he rightly gets for getting us out of the shit against Villa he was also one of the reasons why were in the shit against West Ham a couple of games earlier. He would have been in the first eleven and an all time cult favourite at any point in our history before 2017 or so, and is welcome back as a guest of the club at any point in the future.

loved zincys attitude, half decent player and never really let us down, he was hyped to fuck with the media,the story of him and gabby taking the title after been "cast aside" was building , that will show pep.

zinc and gabby will always have a place in my blue heart, but we haven't missed them , with ake and akanji we are more solid,its allowed rico a chance which imo has taken with both hands, although i think we should of kept gabby instead of splashing out 50m for a tap in merchant

Doesn't take us long to slag off ex-players does it? Strange behavior!!

Same blokes who probably slag their ex off because they knew far better than to stick around.

All our ex players especially the last few years played a massive part in our success. Taking Zin for example, we don't win that title last year without him against Villa. He drove us through the last 35 minutes of that game. All whilst dealing with his family and friends getting fucking bombs dropped on them

But no, he's a shit talentless ****.

For clarity loved him when here, never wanted him to leave, but his recent OTT histrionics and moany attitude on the pitch led to my hope he ends up upset (ie crying) at the end of the season.

Clubs do really change players to their mindset

rags players become arrogant and gobby

red scouse players become cultish and fully enamoured with all things scouse

Arsenel players become entitled and moany

It ain't jus zinc I hope cries it is all the tarquin playere

For clarity loved him when here, never wanted him to leave, but his recent OTT histrionics and moany attitude on the pitch led to my hope he ends up upset (ie crying) at the end of the season.

Clubs do really change players to their mindset

rags players become arrogant and gobby

red scouse players become cultish and fully enamoured with all things scouse

Arsenel players become entitled and moany

It ain't jus zinc I hope cries it is all the tarquin playere
He was never really emotional till the war started , give him a lot of leway for that situation , we might have grown weary of the war but he and his friends and relatives havent

Good lad, good character, absolutely the sort of player who could take a team struggling for 4th place and help get them to second, not quite good enough at the sharp end of elite footballers. Has a tendency to let emotion get the better of him, and for all his skills he can get found out defensively in the biggest games and biggest moments. For all the praise he rightly gets for getting us out of the shit against Villa he was also one of the reasons why were in the shit against West Ham a couple of games earlier. He would have been in the first eleven and an all time cult favourite at any point in our history before 2017 or so, and is welcome back as a guest of the club at any point in the future.

The entire back four that day was horrible.

Cancelo, Fernandinho, Laporte and Zinchenko.

Bowen had Olek's all over the place, and Antonio was brutal up against Fern.

Agree with everything else you have written.

I like him and think he did a decent enough job for us. I do prefer Ake at LB though.

I wish him well at his new club (as long as they finish below us).

The entire back four that day was horrible.

Cancelo, Fernandinho, Laporte and Zinchenko.

Bowen had Olek's all over the place, and Antonio was brutal up against Fern.

Agree with everything else you have written.

Just remind me… why were we even playing with that back four? Two unreliable defenders on the flanks, and an ageing (albeit legendary) player at centre-half, which is not even his natural position and never will be.
Was our injury situation that bad at that point? I seem to have wiped it out in the euphoria of lifting the PL title against Villa.

Fine assessment. Praise where praise is due, reservations where reservations are due. That's just about it.
Thinking about his face on the pitch at the final whistle of the 4-1. I specifically looked over at him. Even from a distance, he looked wan, as if he was thinking “Fuck but what a team this is!” I felt a little bit sorry for him. He'd been bullied all game long, like all of them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.