Omar Abdulrahman

Akai said:
"Yaya Toure told me that he was very, very impressed with Omar Abdulrahman whilst on trial at Man City and was shocked when he didn't sign!"

"Yaya said Omar was exactly like David Silva and could easily play at the top level!! #Unbelievablereference"

Liam Weeks, Head of Performance Analyze - Al-Ain FC
@weeksie82
High praise, we really should try our best to get this lad.

Didn't he turn us down not vice versa, saying he wanted to stay there another season? I'm sure we planned to sign him then send him on loan to Valenciennes in France.

Another amazing performance today by Omar.

If the permit is an issue, it would probably no longer by an issue given that the UAE team has performing amazingly lately (10 games: 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss against Japan). I think soon they will be in the 70 range.

ManAD said:
Another amazing performance today by Omar.

If the permit is an issue, it would probably no longer by an issue given that the UAE team has performing amazingly lately (10 games: 8 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss against Japan). I think soon they will be in the 70 range.

Austrai are the 70 in the ranking with 492 points

UAE are 96 with 367 Points = Northern Ireland :)

I think they need to reach the Final in the Asian Cup to have a chance to reach 70.

Not to be that guy and post highlight videos, but his vision and passing in this is top notch. Seriously, he is a young Silva.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279TVAU5Og0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279TVAU5Og0</a>

mscenterh750 said:
The permit case depends on what club you are as we've found out, but if you're a certain club you can get away with "the special talent" bollocks.

Slightly off topic, but just did a quick search on rags work permit applications. I wonder how many they have had turned down since 2005?

Some are from FIFA top 70 countries, but I bet that non on this list had played the 75% of games in 2 years to qualify due to their age at the time. All special talents...even the ones that didn't make it at the rags. It's a fucking joke.

Park 2005
Anderson 2007
Zoran Tosic 2008
Manucho 2008
Mame Biram Diouf 2009
Javier Hernandez 2010
Shinji Kagawa 2012
Angelo Henríquez 2012

unexpected item said:
mscenterh750 said:
The permit case depends on what club you are as we've found out, but if you're a certain club you can get away with "the special talent" bollocks.

Slightly off topic, but just did a quick search on rags work permit applications. I wonder how many they have had turned down since 2005?

Some are from FIFA top 70 countries, but I bet that non on this list had played the 75% of games in 2 years to qualify due to their age at the time. All special talents...even the ones that didn't make it at the rags. It's a fucking joke.

Park 2005
Anderson 2007
Zoran Tosic 2008
Manucho 2008
Mame Biram Diouf 2009
Javier Hernandez 2010
Shinji Kagawa 2012
Angelo Henríquez 2012
A good few of them will have met the criteria. Park probably had 50 caps when he signed for united and played in Champions league semi final. Tosic, Manucho, Kagawa all had played for a couple of years. Anderson was originally rejected for a work permit.

I'll give you Park and Kagawa. Tosic probably too young to have appeared in 75% games for previous 2 seasons and Manucho being Angolan maybe as they yo-yo'd around the FIFA 80 mark. Diouf, Hernandez and Henríquez were 'special talent'. Anderson would have got in on special talent too then if they appealed. Be interesting to see how many they have been turned down for, compared with other clubs.

Tomorrow is the final between UAE VS. Iraq (18/1/2013) at 15:15 GMT

Here is a link to a live stream of the game in case anybody interested in watching:

<a class="postlink" href="http://shoof.alkass.net/shoof/live/live_2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shoof.alkass.net/shoof/live/live_2.php</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.