Omar Abdulrahman

mcfc_paul said:
He praises Sheikh Mansour's brother in a recent article in The National. He is the CEO at Al Ain. Think the links are too strong for him to go anywhere else, in England in particular.

I'm sure there will also be a lot of "under the table" incentives for him to go to city... probably some nice gifts from the Sheikh will arrive at Omar's parents' doorstep when he signs

I hate saying this but what a marketing tool as well, The prem is big in UAE but with a homegrown talent playing at one of the best clubs and more start taking interest, the potential is huge.

CTID101 said:
I hate saying this but what a marketing tool as well, The prem is big in UAE but with a homegrown talent playing at one of the best clubs and more start taking interest, the potential is huge.

Precisely. The shirt sales will take off in UAE and as whole more people in UAE will be more interested in City.

Just a question: Is there no chance of Omar obtaining a work permit if the UAE doesn't make the top 70. Can City try to get him one under as a 'special talent' - like what united do?

woahmark said:
CTID101 said:

Precisely. The shirt sales will take off in UAE and as whole more people in UAE will be more interested in City.

Just a question: Is there no chance of Omar obtaining a work permit if the UAE doesn't make the top 70. Can City try to get him one under as a 'special talent' - like what united do?

Can City try to get him one under as a 'special talent' - like what united do? - Great Q... anyone know? Taking a guess but I am sure we can get him and not have to wait till the UAE are in FIFAs Top 70, which might be a while!

No we can't because we are not the rags.

They seemingly have no problem yet we are shafted all the time for work permits. Funny that.

I think if we tried to get him now we would get a work permit under the special case rules. He has proven to be good enough.

Taking a guess here .. but I am sure work permit is not a deterrent in signing this lad. He had his trial with us this season and just before the Jan window. People thought "we have to buy him now or never"... I think Soriano and Txiki want to buy him and see him as not just a top young talent to play for us, but financially sensible with lower wages and marketing potential in the ME which will boost citys exposure, popularity geographically and overseas revenues.

I think City are working right now on bringing Omar in and probably assessing routes i.e. visas, marketing planning etc... this is not an overnight thing people expect it to be. Outside of EU it can take a while, especially from ME & Asia, to get a work permit sorted and "special talent" doesn't grant you an overnight work permit.

With Omar's UAE links, youth & rising stardom, I think city have already nailed him and agreed with his club Al Ain (why else call him for 2 week trial if work permit was an issue?) and he will stay quiet about it to the press and refuse all other clubs to "discuss" his future.

Would we be able to sign him cheap given we're owned by Sheikh Mansour or would Al-Ain actually try and get a big transfer fee for him?

SuperSilva said:
Taking a guess here .. but I am sure work permit is not a deterrent in signing this lad. He had his trial with us this season and just before the Jan window. People thought "we have to buy him now or never"... I think Soriano and Txiki want to buy him and see him as not just a top young talent to play for us, but financially sensible with lower wages and marketing potential in the ME which will boost citys exposure, popularity geographically and overseas revenues.

I think City are working right now on bringing Omar in and probably assessing routes i.e. visas, marketing planning etc... this is not an overnight thing people expect it to be. Outside of EU it can take a while, especially from ME & Asia, to get a work permit sorted and "special talent" doesn't grant you an overnight work permit.

With Omar's UAE links, youth & rising stardom, I think city have already nailed him and agreed with his club Al Ain (why else call him for 2 week trial if work permit was an issue?) and he will stay quiet about it to the press and refuse all other clubs to "discuss" his future.

Good answer :-) Yeah, he looks like a special talent - the likes of Toure, Richards saying good things about him makes me feel even more excited about him too!

LoveCity said:
Would we be able to sign him cheap given we're owned by Sheikh Mansour or would Al-Ain actually try and get a big transfer fee for him?

Good question. Reckon it will be the former - can't see Al Ain charging a lot for him - seeing as Al Ain have connections with City it would be pretty unexpected for them to charge price a European club would - for example, £15m or so.

The most important thing is that it *seems* that the lad actually wants to play for City despite all the interest from the European clubs. I can see him coming in the summer. Cheap wages too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.