Omar Abdulrahman

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
MSP said:
He can't get work permit in England so he has to find some other league. Spurs would take him if he could get it.

Plus he has to do his National service with the military, which further complicates the situation.

Berkovic had to do his National Service with the military and he just f*ck*d them off and stayed in England haha

kippaxchris said:
MSP said:
He can't get work permit in England so he has to find some other league. Spurs would take him if he could get it.

Plus he has to do his National service with the military, which further complicates the situation.

Berkovic had to do his National Service with the military and he just f*ck*d them off and stayed in England haha

Aye but this lad looks an handy lad.

MSP said:

What national military service? don't do that here.
+
unfortunately Al Ain FC declined MCFC offer.

MrJOSEPH99 said:
MSP said:

What national military service? don't do that here.
+
unfortunately Al Ain FC declined MCFC offer.

MSP's comment was relating to Nir Biton (work permit and Israeli military service).

Alex Brosque has only been an Al Ain player for a matter of weeks, but already the Australian has seen enough of one team-mate to label him as the best player he has ever seen.

But while Asamoah Gyan may take all the plaudits - the Ghanaian currently averages a goal ever 47 minutes this season with 15 in just eight games - it is Omar Abdulrahman that has made the biggest impression on Brosque.

The 21-year-old's stock has been on the rise since his starring role for UAE's Under-23 side in their impressive showing at the London 2012 Olympic Games in the summer.

A two-week trial with English giants Manchester City soon followed, and while the Premier League champions were keen to sign the talented playmaker on a permanent basis, Abdulrahman chose instead to remain at Al Ain "for at least another season".

But far from regretting his decision, the Riyadh-born midfielder only seems to get better and better. The creative fulcrum of club and country, Abdulrahman was at his devilish best again on Sunday night, netting a double in Al Ain's 6-0 demolition of Ittihad Kalba.

Admired by fans, coaches and players alike, with Al Wasl defender Lucas Neill recently calling him a "beautiful player", a move to Europe surely beckons for Abdulrahman sooner rather than later.

It's a view shared by Brosque, who has been hugely impressed with what he has seen of the diminutive star in his short time with Al Ain having joined the club back in September.

The 28-year-old has played with a host of big-name players during his career, including former Leeds and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell and fellow Socceroo Mark Viduka, but he insists none of them come close to Abdulrahman.

"I haven't seen anyone do the things that this guy can do with the ball at his feet. He's by far the best I've either played with or against - 100 per cent," Brosque told Sport360°.

"He definitely stands out, technically, as being one of the best. What he can do with the ball and how he controls it with either left or right foot it is quite frightening."

Abdulrahman rejected the opportunity to rub shoulders with the likes of Vincent Kompany, Yaya Toure and Carlos Tevez at the Etihad Stadium because he wanted to repay the faith shown in him by Al Ain.

The club were responsible for bringing the player and his family to the Emirates and Abdulrahman has never forgotten the faith shown in him in his early teens.

It is that humility, as well as his undoubted quality, that Brosque believes can help Abdulrahman succeed at the highest level in the game.

"It is definitely down to him how far he wants to go and I think the interest from Man City will only spur him on to even greater heights and make him realise just how good he is and can be," added Brosque.

"He's very young but he definitely has what it takes to go all the way."

But what of Abdulrahman off the pitch? While majestic on it, the youngster, who appears shy and unreserved, is not one to court headlines or the limelight. Little wonder then he's a popular figure amongst his team-mates.

"Being new and slowly integrating myself into the team, I noticed him straight away," said Brosque. "He comes [into the dressing room] joking and laughing and cracking jokes all the time.

"In training as well, he's a similar type person. He's always demanding the ball, always wanting it. I guess that's just in his personality. Off the field he's exactly the same. He's a character - the boys really love him.

"And with me being new he's been good. He involves me in as much as he can what with the language barrier. But he's certainly someone I'm glad to have in my team that's for sure."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279TVAU5Og0&feature=player_embedded#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=279TVAU5 ... _embedded#</a>!

Great control, vision and awareness.

Lovely left foot.

Hope we get to see much more of his talent. Ideally at City.

Armaan said:
He rejected us but anyone think he'll come in a season or two?

Quite possibly.

I don't think it was a straight rejection,more the fact he saw his progression as being better with his current team as presently he wouldn't get much football here,if he develops further,obviously into a first team candidate,he may be back.

To be fair,in the couple of EDS games he played,he didn't really stand out.

I don't see why we wouldn't further our advances on him if he continues to get better plus I can't imagine it costing all that much to have him. Plus he could be great for marketing over there...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.