Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

bring back Garry Cook? he is at Birmingham these days.

we should get a mind-blowing name in to replace Berrada.
Elon Musk or something. lol

This is so weird...

I guess he wants to stay in the City and is getting a massive pay raise, but somebody so deep in the weeds and part of the structure to go to our direct rivals... doesn't feel right.

In business most people know what you’ve done and can try to replicate it (usually unsuccessfully because it’s already been done).

The real power lies in the people that know what to do next. History suggests the visionaries are Soriano, Txiki and Pep.

Anyone else is replaceable.
Agree. But no only that, you need to be in a place where the environment for change exists….it doesn’t at the rags, and imo never will until they have a single owner and a collaborative approach.

You can’t teach a hen to lay golden eggs…..

What about leaving us for United?

Is it different if it’s not a player or manager?

No right or wrong answer! Does feel a bit cold for me.

(Might just be the heating not working though)
Yeah, I think it’s a bit different when it’s an administrator. That said, I’d probably expect, say, Juanmo Lillo to take up the manager job at United if offered it too.

That’s just how business works. People will almost always take promotions/pay rises when offered them, unless they have a genuine partisan allegiance to the club.

Bit shit as he was very highly regarded and his relationships with some of our key people clearly went back a long way.

A lot of people are reading way too much into it though. There’s no insinuation to be made against the PL charges against us at all (aside from potentially good if people really want to go down that route).

Just a shame he’s going where he is. The one good thing is to me it shows there’s not going to be any changes with our CEO any time soon.

Hope he knows what he’s letting himself in for. Heavy is the head that wears the crown and all that.

At that level I’d expect him to be in at least 9 months to a years notice?
Six months seems about right to me. Not a Director but a senior executive and I’d say six months was appropriate. I worked in a Fortune 500 Company and people at his level were on six month notice but had other incentives like bonus and share allocations to “encourage” them to stay.
We’ll get by without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.