Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us

We were tapping them all up long before they left Barca, our whole football "project" was based on that once great Barca model.
Soriano was the one we approached when he was CEO of Spanair. Spanair were embroiled in a financial scandal at the time which predated Ferran's arrival in 2008.

Soriano told City he'd be interested in joining us as CEO, but couldn't leave Spanair until the investigation into its dealings were complete, as it wouldn't look right.

Pep was getting caught up in the constant battle for control of Barça & was always seen by the new management as the previous management's appointment.

Txiki was out of football for a couple of years after leaving Barça in 2010.

City essentially wanted to get the old band back together again, but under the stability of ADUG & leadership of Khaldoon.

Soriano was key to this. Txiki was up for the challenge, & after the bruising final two years of boardroom turmoil at Barça, so was Guardiola. Soriano arrived in 2012 quickly followed by Txiki.

However, the Aguerooooooo moment stopped Guardiola's arrival, as City didn't want to be seen sacking Mancini after our historic first PL title.

Unwilling to wait until a vacancy arose, in January 2013 Pep decided to sign a three year deal with Bayern commencing the following July.

It's Soriano who returned to Barça & enticed the likes of Berrada & other key management, admin & coaching staff to City, whilst he put his multi-club CFG dream in action.

Soriano was the key to all this happening. In 2012/13, he was asked about Ferguson's meeting with Guardiola in New York, where the GPC apparently asked Pep to succeed him at Old Toilet the following season.

Soriano told the reporter, if Guardiola were to manage in England, he could only see it being at City, & so it turned out.

IMHO Omar will definitely have in his possession sensitive documentation from his time at City and will have been briefed on our defence against the 115 PL charges.

And all available just before the Independent Commission sits.

The dirty games just got ramped up a few levels.

CTID
and we talk about the rags mental gymnastics

The Times are reporting the same. It’s laughable

View attachment 104672
bless them, yes im sure haaland was like okay with my next career move let me look at who the coo is and base my decision on that, also what were the negotiations, there is a release clause? we paid the release clause, the negotiating skills behind that must have been truly exceptional, im getting him in next time i have an argument with my missus, you want something? here have what you want? fucking genius why didnt i think of that.

He wasn't on the Board. The Board is non-executive. He would have been on a management "board" with Soriano, Begiristain, Guardiola and others, I suppose. He has detailed operational knowledge clearly, but any management consultant can roll out a global organisation. Any management consultant did at City, btw.

And it's not having access to the knowledge that's important, it's having the capability and infrastructure to support its successful use that is the crux. That is more than one man.

No need to worry about Berrada at United for a long while, imho.
Sorry to be pedantic, but a Board is made up of a mix of Executive and Non-Executive Directors.

Whether Omar was on the Board is another topic, but I'd be surprised if Ferran isn't given that he's the CEO. I'm not sure who our CFO is (or equivalent), but they'd probably be on the Board as well.

This is what I was alluding to last night. Omar has a treasure trove of information, or if you want to be negative about it, a Pandora's box of information, as far as as City are concerned, about how City are run, how City target Players, how City sign players, how pay players, how City deal with agents, and the players City are going after in the Summer, etc.

Yes it's ok him having all that information but has he got the staff, the facilities, etc to implement them ? I would say no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.