Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

Non compete clauses are unenforceable beyond a few months. Restriction of trade. Appears to be a blow but several of our other executives have been poached, take it as a compliment if was off to say Aston Villa how arsed would we be?

We did it to Barcelona. It was going to happen to us one day. It might not even be INEOS this.. It was reported in May a PL club had come in for him. Then again could have been Newcastle. Here's a question, would the club prefer him the rags or Newcastle? I wonder if behind the scenes we see Newcastle as a bigger threat?
We did what poached their
"Senior Media Business Development Manager and as the Head of Sponsorship"

City are a well run club from top to bottom. So by nature you are going to look brilliant at your work because everyone around are brilliant at their job.

To take one of our staff and place them in a not so brilliant environment, than they might not perform so brilliant.

Take me fucking brilliant player for my Saturday team lol all the best players from the area. Dog shit when playing for my school team !

Berrada can apparently be the lead of a commercial department that has overinflated revenue, from disreputable companies but also be completely clean of any dodgy illegalities but also he's a good commercial guy who can now 'go straight' now he's going to United. Smart.
View attachment 104660

The man is clearly ill, I actually feel sorry for him, the majority of his journalistic work is trying to find information he can use about City doing wrong but not realising pretty much everything he 'uncovers' is done at every football club, even at grassroots level.

This forum has too much of a hard on for our executive staff. Khaldoon, Txiki, Ferran are able to work effectively because of the massive resources at their disposal and the trust and confidence the Sheikh has in them to do their job.

All of them, with the exception of Khaldoon, (who has a massive reputation and is respected globally in many fields) are easily replacable from my perspective.

United have over promoted a suit with disastrous results in the recent past. Ed Woodward was happily making them millions in potato sponsorships until they gave him control of footballing decisions.

I'll literally point and laugh at any rag who thinks this is a major sign they are 'back'. If he was that important, we'd have matched his salary.

I wouldn't be worried about him bringing over transfer target information either, we are only interested in the very best prospects and players at the moment. None of these kids will be a secret to United. Random blokes on the internet can guess our transfer targets with decent accuracy and have you all on fucking strings in the transfer forum.

tldr They can sign whatever suits they want, they have still been mismanaged for years, Ratcliffe has nowhere near the funding of Mansour and seems to have been engineered into being a human shield to take some of the flack the Glazers have been getting while they sit in America creaming the profits off the top.

Berrada is getting a lengthy ban from football if the 116 charges are proven so him going to United probably indicates the opposite. If he has knowledge of all our 'dirty dealings' then we'd probably have considered it worth 2 million a year to keep him in house.
I kind of see your broad point, but think you are overlooking the impact that the 'Barca boys' have had on Pep and his comfort in our role compared to the tension in his previous roles (Barca had Txixi etc but also a load of politics because of presidential system). Txixi and Ferran become less specifically important when Pep goes, but they clearly have both done a very good job and very good replacements (with a very good chemistry) are not a given.

Non compete clauses are unenforceable beyond a few months. Restriction of trade. Appears to be a blow but several of our other executives have been poached, take it as a compliment if was off to say Aston Villa how arsed would we be?

How can football use " restriction of trade " here, but ffp can, which is restricting trade ?

In the end of year speech by Khaldoon he said the exec team is being targeted by other clubs.

Did they know already?
Have others already said no?

They’ll fail cos they’ll listen to the fans & media. 1 bad signing & Omar’s tweets slagging them off will surface.
If khaldoon was referring to it at the end of season (I presume) speech, ie back in July iirc, then this pre-dates the Radcliffe buy-in at united, and is around the time the ‘found to be relatively penniless’ sheikh was favoured to buy them outright.

So, United may have been sounding out berrada as a future CEO back then. Ie on the glazer’s full control watch - unlike the bed-wetting narrative from united fans about ‘this is just the 1st step of the ineos influence to make us great’.

I watched khaldoon’s acceptance speech for his football executive of the year at the Dubai football awards, which happened just before the berrada news broke - so clearly he wouldn’t be there (the rest of the executive team was iirc) but I’d be interested to know when/if berrada started dropping out of the public gaze these past 6 months, compared to previous years engagements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.