Omar Berrada to the rags | TLDR: They want to be us.

This is why football is getting shit. Tribal over a CEO. What next, celebrations over getting our marketing man.
Football's great isn't it. You used to just be able to watch a game but now you have to be an accountant, a lawyer, a doctor and an organisational design expert.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the straw to break my social media back and this stupid fucking story about some guy i've never heard about created such a nonsense on Twitter (the only one i'm on, other than here) that it made me finally uninstall it. Its 99.9% people gaslighting each other. It's completely toxic and unhealthy. Anyway, thanks Omar Berrada!! Youve lifted another small weight of my increasingly hunched shoulders!
Like you i've abandoned (un) social media Twitter was good in the early days but now its just toxic and serves no purpose Instagram is a advert vehicle to make Meta money with shit products over price with unregulated claims, Threads likewise now TikTok is getting the same Life is cleansed without social media

He should be good for a peanut butter sponsorship or two. Smacks of desperation from them though, so nothing new from the last 10 years or so. As you were.
To be fair they are trying to do what we did, or at least on the footballing side. We brought several key executives from the good ol' 2010 days at Barcelona. In the late 2000's these were the people who were responsible for putting back football first at Barcelona by for example investing in youth and not big names which led to Messi coming through La Masia. They have done the same at city over the last 10 years and the final touch was getting Pep. With unlimited resources and freedom they could make moves which only benefited football so it was always going to end well and it has.

This is why perhaps Pep will never leave until he retires for good. He will never work in a better environment for a manager because he trusts and knows the people in charge and he has everything he needs.

The backroom at United has meanwhile always been about the money. On the footballing side they signed players to sell shirts and not to win football matches. The exception to that was when they had the influence of Ferguson. The Glazers were almost certainly scared shitless of him and the threat was that he probably would of walked without assurances but even that went down the toilet in the end.

Since then they have milked the club dry and put in yes men who don't really care about the football except for when it comes to how it impacts the finances. There's a reason why the likes of Gill who was United CEO has pushed and wanted FFP in UEFA, it has nothing to do with fans, it's all about money. They now however have a new ownership who wants to put football back in the picture. Berrada represents exactly what we did in bringing in Soriano and Txiki but there's a lot for him to do.

It's a mountain to climb, they still have very little money and they still have a ridiculously complicated ownership structure. The Glazers still hold the voting power and they aren't going to go anywhere unless a sizeable offer comes in. In fact they're probably using the new interest from the owners to boost the share price and increased the value of their stake. They might not know anything about football but they have been ruthless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.