One away win in 105 games when losing at half time

If you take into account our vast superiority in 90% of games its hardly a surprising stat , i would be more worried if we were top of this particular stat , coming from behind isnt something to brag about it means you were poor enough to let the opposition go in front.
Its nothing to do with bottle either , we hardly get an opportunity to come from behind.

This is becoming our biggest issue. Players make mistakes, opponents do good things. But we are responsible for the way we respond to setbacks and conceding first and under Pep we haven’t been anywhere near good enough. It’s not just the fact we don’t win many it’s the way the games play out when we do go behind. It will bite us on the arse again in the CL when we get to the crunch.

Mentally we are just beaten when we concede first in big game. Players just start to feel sorry for themselves and just start passing backwards and sideways to further avoid mistakes.

Thankfully we don’t go behind too often but it is a slightly concern for the big CL games.

I’m sure this wasn’t the case in previous seasons, I feel like we always were in with a shout even at 2 down.

If we dont concede today we go on and get that equaliser and draw. Still a 14 point gap instead of 11. Huge. Mentality is important and at times it's our achilles heel when it comes to games in which we concede first.

I know we was at home today but the point still stands. Just never seem confident that city will pick up the gears or make changes to turn a game around.
How can the point still stand when the thread title says 'one away win in 105 games when coming from behind'?

If we dont concede today we go on and get that equaliser and draw. Still a 14 point gap instead of 11. Huge. Mentality is important and at times it's our achilles heel when it comes to games in which we concede first.
Mentality is huge. Really, really huge.

It's why Federer, Nadal and Jokovic win so many gram slam finals. On the other side of that coin, it's why Colin Montgomery led the European order of merit and was the EU's top golfer for 6 straight years, and yet NEVER won a major in his entire career. Even when only needing a par and a bogey on the 17th tee, he managed to fuck it up.

It's why Sterling will not score in a really big game so long as he has a hole in his arse.

A week or so ago it was only 10. Now it’s 11 with 3 games less to play. It’s not the end of the world but it’s disappointing given who we were playing.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.