One away win in 105 games when losing at half time

I know we was at home today but the point still stands. Just never seem confident that city will pick up the gears or make changes to turn a game around.
We conceded first to Porto this year and won comfortably. This half-time stat is meaningless as it ignores the many games where we have conceded first and hit back and equalized in the 1H.

Pep Ego is the reason.

To be fair his win rate says he usually gets it right.

Meaning he thinks he is never wrong.

Is the reason his substitutions are usually really late.

When we are losing,he usually waits until a game is unrecoverable,2-0 down with 80 minutes gone before finally accepting it isn't working.And making tactical changes

Hence why we rarely recover from losing positions.

We conceded first to Porto this year and won comfortably. This half-time stat is meaningless as it ignores the many games where we have conceded first and hit back and equalized in the 1H.
It was an idiotic bump by someone trying to be a smart arse,the OP clearly states AWAY games yet he bumped it anyway...

And when have we ever been behind in a derby and come back to win... pretty sure it's never happened in my lifetime
I had this conversation with my mate yesterday so did the digging.

As someone has already said, it happened in the first leg of the League Cup Semi in 2010 at Home (Giggs for them, then 2 from Tevez).

However, in the league, you have to go to back to 12th April 1972 at OT, went one nil down & came back to win 3-1 (2 from Franny Lee & one from Marsh).

It's fair to say we owe United a come back win & a last minute win at some point

Pep Ego is the reason.

To be fair his win rate says he usually gets it right.

Meaning he thinks he is never wrong.

Is the reason his substitutions are usually really late.

When we are losing,he usually waits until a game is unrecoverable,2-0 down with 80 minutes gone before finally accepting it isn't working.And making tactical changes

Hence why we rarely recover from losing positions.
I think an 'issue' is that Pep doesn't really believe we are in the wrong. It has been discussed on the 'Why Always Us' podcast.

Pep will look at that game yesterday and say we conceded a stupid penalty in 30secs and then conceded another shit goal. We had chances that we fucked ourselves, hit the post and got into more than a couple good shooting positions but just couldn't get the right direction or power on it. So seemingly as far as that goes we didn't have a 'bad' game. Pep is not emotional like we are, if I was the manager I would have pulled De Bruyne after 10mins yesterday he was that bad as an example.

Pep also has to think of the bigger picture and perhaps thought lets rest Foden and Bernardo for the two games this week.

Considering how many wins were recorded in that time it’s not surprising at all. It’s like saying we never won 2-0 after a run of 3-0 results.

Heres one...in the 2019 season we won

1-0
2-0
3-0
4-0
5-0
6-0
7-0
8-0
9-0

but we never came from behind to win in any of those games..what a shambles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.