One Game at a Time

I agree to an extent but we still had a great team out yesterday and it should have been more than enough to beat Sunderland!! My eyes lit up when I seen wes brown and John o'gay were stating at the back for them!!

Part of the problem at Sunderland for me anyway was that he rotated too many players with another game 48 hrs away.
Those players coming in were too rusty with not enough recent game time.

That being said we could and should have bagged the points 20 plus shots says so.

i dont agree.
with 2 games in 3 days, you have to rotate the players. the problem was not the rotation, it was that most of the players that got a chance, didn't take it.

you could make a valid point, that he rotated too much in this game, but the rotation itself was necessary...

The game has changed - the levels of fitness required are extremely high.
Footballers COULD play twice in 48 hours. However if you play a team twice in 48 hours against two teams that haven't the likelihood is you will get beat and increase risks of injury.
Very naive to just say they should be able to play twice in 48 hours.
Mancini didn't drop Silva for fun - he'd love to play him every game - but he knows players are not capable of maintaining performance if they play every game

Sunderland game has gone now,time to focus on the scousers.I think we'd all agree that this is the first in a very important run of games this Month,that will shape the rest of our season,I'm sure Bobby had this in mind yesterday,and i think you'll see a different team,and a different performance Tomorrow night.

Forza Mancini.

The way some people are going on it's as if we played the EDS team yesterday.

Jesus Christ.

Silva and Aguero changed nothing when they came on so why are people saying that if they had started we would have won? They started at West Brom and we didn't win.

Blimey, an 'always play your best 11' thread, not had one of these for hours.

This isn't the 60's, it's a squad game these days, catch up.

thomasobDK said:
i dont agree.
with 2 games in 3 days, you have to rotate the players. the problem was not the rotation, it was that most of the players that got a chance, didn't take it.

you could make a valid point, that he rotated too much in this game, but the rotation itself was necessary...

didnt seem to be a lot of interest in this thread earlier, but i`m sorry the rotation was not necessary, and i partially agree the amount of rotation even less so.

rotation is necessary as a result of injury, suspension, tactical change and/ or loss of form. never, saving for a future game, ffs players can and do even get injured in training, what is the point in resting someone, who could still get injured prior to the next games.

More to the point, the argument over resting players is effectively blasted out of the water , initially by naming players on the bench, and totally by calling on them to (hopefully) rescue the situation, when things arent going according to plan b)

Nobody disagrees with changes when they virtually have to be made, but this point about 2 games in 48 hours, doesnt exactly happen every week, and certain players seem exempt from the rotation policy. Is anyone suggesting Kompany or YaYa put in any less effort, and is therefore any less tired and less in need of a rest.

Sure, i accept if this was right at the end of the season, and certain players played on bordering on exhaustion, they may well need a rest / rotation, but its not, any anyway that would be covered by fitness / injury. FFS Dzeko was rotated 3 games into the season after scoring 4 away from home, just the boost for an acknowledged confidence player.

to change / rest / rotate so many players in favour of a future fixture (albeit 48 hours hence) is tantamount to saying "this side , although missing 4/5 of our best players is good enough to beat Sunderland ". I agree it should have been, but on the day, for a variety of reasons the starting line up wasnt, and Mancini himself realised it by half time. I dont believe this policy does our players any favours, and certainly knocks the confidence of those rested / dropped (Dzeko springs to mind), furthermore it must boost the opposition, firstly because they dont have to play the "rested" players, and secondly along the lines of "cheeky tw*ts thinking they can beat us with their reserves, .....we`ll show em" and albeit fortuitously they did.

If we obviously (to Roberto) had players who were tired, struggling with form, needed a rest etc no problem, but this wasnt for that, it was rotation because a few super-fit athletes were deemed unsuitable of performing twice in 48 hours. I really dont buy it. Just because others often do it, and often get away with it, us included, doesnt make it right, and despite the proximity of the Liverpool fixture, the next game isnt until the rags 5 whole days later.

Everybody would have been rubbing their hands with glee,( had we won and i accept we should have), saying it was a masterstroke winning with a weakened side, and saving our big guns for better things, but it wasnt.

It was a dropped bollock, not helped by players missing chances, and switching off 20 seconds from the end, but instigated by team selection, and a rotation policy purely for the sake of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.