One That Got Away?

nevilletogoater-in said:
What a complete shithouse. I'll never forgive him for backing out of that tackle.

Not guts, no pride, not quick enough to cope with the Premier League. Joleon is twice the player.
Correct, any "defender" who shits out of a tackle should be kicked out of football.

The Fat el Hombre said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
What a complete shithouse. I'll never forgive him for backing out of that tackle.

Not guts, no pride, not quick enough to cope with the Premier League. Joleon is twice the player.

No guts maybe but he was defo quick enough. Joleon is far better for us now but Boateng will go on to be a much superior player and will have a far better career

We bought him on the back end of his performances in the last world cup at left back. In the Premier League he looked slow, clumsy and soft. I don't agree with the comment "he'll go on to have a better career" though. Lescott's been a regular international and regarded as a top premier league defender for years. Boateng couldn't handle one full season.

No comparison in my opinion

nevilletogoater-in said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

No guts maybe but he was defo quick enough. Joleon is far better for us now but Boateng will go on to be a much superior player and will have a far better career

We bought him on the back end of his performances in the last world cup at left back. In the Premier League he looked slow, clumsy and soft. I don't agree with the comment "he'll go on to have a better career" though. Lescott's been a regular international and regarded as a top premier league defender for years. Boateng couldn't handle one full season.

No comparison in my opinion
No we didn't, we signed him before the world cup. He looked soft but not so much clumsy and definitely not slow, I don't know why some city fans seem to think he's slow because he isn't. As for lescott being a regular international, well, 14 caps in 5 years says he isn't. Boateng has got more caps than him already despite being 6 years younger. Only time will tell who goes on to have the better career but if you're a young lad and you've already got a starting spot at bayern Munich then the chances are youll have more than an fa cup and division One playoff final winners medal to your name by the time you're 29. That's not to mention the chances he'll get of international glory with him being a regular player in a very gifted young German team. Who'll have the better career? We'll see

Never saw anything of him which stood out apart from the one cross he played in pre season where we scored. Jerome just looked like he hated it here, and he walked round with his girlfriend like he was too good for the place!

Can't say that he ever really impressed me , he looked a little bit 'wooden' , and unaware , at times ..... maybe the Premiership was just too quick for him.

You never got the feeling that he was going to stay long , he never looked settled ..... and i'm only surprised that he managed to make the return plane journey without collidin' with another drinks trolley!

It's strange, a relatively unknown young player comes in and you might expect him to be eager to show what he could do and really try to impress. But Boateng never gave the impression that he was giving 100%, just went through the motions (badly) and left first chance he could. Every player who joined us since the takeover has been labelled a mercenary but this was one of the few that really was, at no point did he look committed to the club + he thought himself above us as already said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.