Online grocery shopping delivery slots

Is it just an assumption the slots go up at midnight?

Surely it’s different for each supermarket. Could be any time during the night,

If your lucky you can get a prime now spot, they release them throughout the day. You in theory can can book one today for tomorrow / Monday. There is a slight trick to it, and huge element of luck, if you're still having trouble @Ric pm me and I'll let you know what may work with Amazon / Morrisons via prime now.

You need to get your mum and dad registered by calling the supermarket, pain in the arse but my dad did it and now they have priority slot and for one booked in next week with Sainsbury's. They should be classing all over 70s as vulnerable.

My mum says she got one offered online with iceland too offered for next bank holiday Monday, so try them too. Says it took her less than an hour to regsiter and book, although she is classed as at risk also, so worth trying them too. They do more than just freezer stuff.

Here in Kent, Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury’s are fully booked for the next three weeks. Cannibalism it is then.

0800 323 4030
Ring the above number for Tesco. It gives 4 options. On some you get cut off but on others if you hang in long enough you get through. I got through after 20 mins on option 1.
If you have a Tesco on line account then explain you are on the vilnerable persons list.
I am a transplant patient but still was not on the list despite filling in the gov.uk form. If that’s the case then Tesco will manually put you on (they have access) which takes 24 hours. Then go back in and you should see an option for priority slots when you try to get a home delivery.

Anyone else having to stay up trying to get one?

My Mum & Dad are both self-isolating as they’re in their mid-70s with underlying health conditions. The supermarkets have said they’re classed as vulnerable, but not high-risk so don’t get any priority for delivery slots, hence why I’m in an hour long online queue at half past midnight.

Feel for those in a similar boat who don’t have family nearby. Not sure what they’re expected to do?! They’ve been told not to leave the house.
A word of warning for " Iceland " , i registered with them about 4 weeks ago,got a delivery slot for 7 days in advance,thats all they had,everyday when i logged in,my order had lost items that they hadn't got in stock,so i changed the item i wanted with something similar

the day the delivery arrived,id ordered 42 basic item,cucumbers,brocolli etc,i only recieved 12 items out of my 42
whats the point ?

I can't get my head around how this is still happening. Surely everyone in the UK has ran out of money by now.

Other way round for many - holidays cancelled , not going out, saving on travel etc. All they’ve got to spend it on is filling up their trolleys on a daily basis for something to do. It’s depressing.

Other way round for many - holidays cancelled , not going out, saving on travel etc. All they’ve got to spend it on is filling up their trolleys on a daily basis for something to do. It’s depressing.

That is the case for us. We’re spending considerably more on our supermarket shop. For a start we used to go to Aldi but have switched to Tesco/Asda as they deliver and they’re more expensive.

When I’m in work I don’t take my lunch with me as I buy my lunch separately most days. Plus I tend to eat out in the evenings at least once a week. Now every single meal comes out of our supermarket shop.

Add to that we’re not doing any small shops throughout the week with local shops/markets. It’s just one big supermarket shop each week. We’ve nearly doubled what we spend on our big shop. We’re eating healthier though as we have more time to spend preparing meals.

We are in Stockport and have managed to get slots with Tesco and Asda. However, my other half checks a couple of times every day. Sadly I think it’s something to do that keeps her entertained. She’s buzzing when she manages to get one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.