Online grocery shopping delivery slots

Other way round for many - holidays cancelled , not going out, saving on travel etc. All they’ve got to spend it on is filling up their trolleys on a daily basis for something to do. It’s depressing.
Yeah, there’s a huge disparity at the moment. Some families are crippled, others are actually significantly better off because of this crisis. It’s just luck, depending on what you do (or did do) for work.

Anyone else having to stay up trying to get one?

My Mum & Dad are both self-isolating as they’re in their mid-70s with underlying health conditions. The supermarkets have said they’re classed as vulnerable, but not high-risk so don’t get any priority for delivery slots, hence why I’m in an hour long online queue at half past midnight.

Feel for those in a similar boat who don’t have family nearby. Not sure what they’re expected to do?! They’ve been told not to leave the house.
I was identifed as an existing vulnerable customer by Sainsbury's early on but slots are still very hard to come by - only 2 in the last month. They now only seem to add those registered by their GP on the gov.uk high risk list.

If you are on Amazon Prime @i8rags posted that you can link up with Morrisons and Booths via their Prime Now Ap.
The trick is to fill up your trolley, you then get a 'no slots' message but stay logged in until the Amazon Delivery slots are reset twice a day - usually first and last thing - you need to just keep checking for them to come available. We got a load from Morrisons within 2 hours of ordering that way!

MND was omitted from the initial list. its been added now and i have registered and have a letter of confirmation from NHS. as of yet no supermarket has allowed me a delivery . wife and Jess have been doing click and collect so far. slots there are hard work too.

dont forget you have "farm to fork" if stuck, mine came in two days.

My Mrs just logged on to our morrisons account, we are 24879th in the queue. We are registered with most because we've tried them all in the past, can't get a slot from any with in 10 days.
Luckily one of is able to do our shop but would rather not.
Many are unable and can't get a slot

It’s also worth checking throughout the day if possible. We’ve been able to get a Tesco one for the next day when it’s previously been all booked up for weeks. Not sure whether that’s cancellations or they open up more slots through the day.

I know a few people who have been told to stay in and they are struggling too, what are they supposed to do to get food and essentials? I hope you hit lucky Ric and anyone else who's struggling for vulnerable relatives and friends.

Wife has just come back from Aldi and they seem to be fully stocked.

i must say Sainsburys have come up trumps for both Mum and Dad and myself We are both on the government priority list they are 83 and medically and mentally ill and i am disabled My love goes out to all vulnerable blues at present lets hope we get back to the days when our major worry was Peps team selection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.