only 18K season tickets sold

SWP's back said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Who cares where the money comes from?

It means fuck all at the end of the day.

Is it fair? Probably not.

Would United love to have a billionaire chairman who was debt free and keen to invest? Most definitely. To pretend otherwise is tragic.

You're always one step behind the scousers.

Love it when you're onside fella.
Seems strange you bring LFC up, they took 27 years to pull away to 18 titles, we was on 7 each, but it only took 19 years to level it up.

hoot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Who cares?

United were spending 20 odd million on players when we were spending 500k on them and wallowing in debt.

The tables now look like they've turned.

If the rags can't handle that we're simply playing the game as opposed to inventing our own game then so be it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Simple as that.
I can remember city being the first team to spend a Million pound on a player, or has the Vodka damaged my brian cells, but the rest is irrelevant, we could afford players due to club review.

They were also very different times.
There was no Sky tv with it's "pet clubs."
There were no "glass ceilings" or synthetic money-making leagues designed solely to keep the rich clubs involved staying the richest- with virtually no hopes of the others ever getting the chance to ever get there.
Thus always getting to sign the best players...ad infinitum.
If you failed to win your own league you didn't get into the twisted version of the "European cup."....and you certainly couldn't finish second,qualify,then get beaten along the way yet still call yourselves "champions of Europe" at the end of it.

One thing was always the same though..no matter how shit you were in those days,the media were still utterly obsessed with you.

hoot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Who cares where the money comes from?

It means fuck all at the end of the day.

Is it fair? Probably not.

Would United love to have a billionaire chairman who was debt free and keen to invest? Most definitely. To pretend otherwise is tragic.

You're always one step behind the scousers.
Seems strange you bring LFC up, they took 27 years to pull away to 18 titles, we was on 7 each, but it only took 19 years to level it up.

I was thinking more about how you're both in decline. About how you both desperately want to be taken over by rich Arab organisations but hate our owners with a hypocritical and envious passion.

To be fair to Liverpool, they do have 2 players of note whilst you only have the 1(players over 74 don't count so that rules out 'Giggsy' and 'Scholesy').

You have won a lot of trophies, well done on that, you can probably use these trophies as an answer for a while yet.

Times change. Deal with it.

I've done the whole supporting a shite team thing, I know what it's like when ambition equates to finishing 15th. It's not that bad really, no need to be so scared.

RBmk2 said:
hoot said:
I can remember city being the first team to spend a Million pound on a player, or has the Vodka damaged my brian cells, but the rest is irrelevant, we could afford players due to club review.

There were no "glass ceilings" or synthetic money-making leagues designed solely to keep the rich clubs involved staying the richest- with virtually no hopes of the others ever getting the chance to ever get there.
If you failed to win your own league you didn't get into the twisted version of the "European cup."....and you certainly couldn't finish second,qualify,then get beaten along the way yet still call yourselves "champions of Europe" at the end of it.

One thing was always the same though..no matter how shit you were in those days,the media were still utterly obsessed with you.
You will never see good things in things that you hate.

-- Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 pm --

TheMightyQuinn said:
hoot said:

I was thinking more about how you're both in decline. About how you both desperately want to be taken over by rich Arab organisations but hate our owners with a hypocritical and envious passion.

To be fair to Liverpool, they do have 2 players of note (players over 74 don't count so that rules out 'Giggsy' and 'Scholesy').

You have won a lot of trophies, well done on that, you can probably use these trophies as an answer for a while yet.

Times change. Deal with it.

I've done the whole supporting a shite team thing, I know what it's like when ambition equates to finishing 15th. It's not that bad really, no need to be so scared.
What has changed? Blackburn did it with just money then fell off, Chelsea did it twice then once again, if every club gets billionaire sugar daddies clubs will still be relegated, I can deal with that.

hoot said:
RBmk2 said:

I almost forgot..we actually got closer to winning the league in those days than you lot did until the Sky hype juggernaut got well and truely behind you....co-incidence?

Guess it's strange how things come and go around huh?
Must be odd watching City players like Tevez being showed on those Sky newslinks and stuff?

hoot said:
SWP's back said:
Love it when you're onside fella.

Yeah but your fans are bigger twats also. And that takes some doing.

RBmk2 said:
hoot said:

I almost forgot..we actually got closer to winning the league in those daysthan you lot did until the Sky hype juggernaut got well and truely behind you....co-incidence?

Guess it's strange how things come and go around huh?
Must be odd watching City players like Tevez being showed on those Sky newslinks and stuff?
That tevez is a strage guy, I'll never move to Liverpool because it will upset the United fans that i love, don't rely on loyalty for the club.

hoot said:
What has changed? Blackburn did it with just money then fell off, Chelsea did it twice then once again, if every club gets billionaire sugar daddies clubs will still be relegated, I can deal with that.

If you could deal with it you wouldn't be on here hating. As you pointed out, nothing's changed. We're not doing anything that hasn't been done before and we're hardly ruining football.

Good luck on your hunt for a sugar daddy, you sort of fucked up last time on the sugar daddy front. Mind you, your last chairman liked spying on women pissing so it's swings and roundabouts really.

TheMightyQuinn said:
hoot said:

If you could deal with it you wouldn't be on here hating. As you pointed out, nothing's changed. We're not doing anything that hasn't been done before and we're hardly ruining football.

Good luck on your hunt for a sugar daddy, you sort of fucked up last time on the sugar daddy front. Mind you, your last chairman liked spying on women pissing so it's swings and roundabouts really.
I'd love to go back to a PLC, I had a share in my club.
No hatred on my part, just a bit of banter with my fellow Mancs.

hoot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Who cares?

United were spending 20 odd million on players when we were spending 500k on them and wallowing in debt.

The tables now look like they've turned.

If the rags can't handle that we're simply playing the game as opposed to inventing our own game then so be it.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Simple as that.
I can remember city being the first team to spend a Million pound on a player, or has the Vodka damaged my Brain cells, but the rest is irrelevant, we could afford players due to club revenue
Sorry but if you read your history books or have a good memory ,it was Trevor Francis who went from Birmingham to Forest for the first £1m transfer fee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.