only 18K season tickets sold

sherburncity said:
hoot said:
I can remember city being the first team to spend a Million pound on a player, or has the Vodka damaged my Brain cells, but the rest is irrelevant, we could afford players due to club revenue
Sorry but if you read your history books or have a good memory ,it was Trevor Francis who went from Birmingham to Forest for the first £1m transfer fee.
I stand corrected, goodnight.

hoot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
If you could deal with it you wouldn't be on here hating. As you pointed out, nothing's changed. We're not doing anything that hasn't been done before and we're hardly ruining football.

Good luck on your hunt for a sugar daddy, you sort of fucked up last time on the sugar daddy front. Mind you, your last chairman liked spying on women pissing so it's swings and roundabouts really.
I'd love to go back to a PLC, I had a share in my club.
No hatred on my part, just a bit of banter with my fellow Mancs.

I'd love you to go back to a PLC too, in the 2nd division, with an attendance of 12'000 and Bobby Charlton's memorial statue rotting in the newly named 'Sir Paul Scholes lane'.

Why would you want United in a different league? Wouldn't it mean so much more if you could beat your arch rivals to the title? I understand all the history and all but to get all excited because money has finally won is hilarious to be honest. Am I missing something here?

Bermyboy said:
Why would you want United in a different league? Wouldn't it mean so much more if you could beat your arch rivals to the title? I understand all the history and all but to get all excited because money has finally won is hilarious to be honest. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing something.

In the last 15 years, money has always bought the league, so it is hardly a case of "money has finally won". Money always wins!
United used to buy the most expensive players , breaking various transfer records in the process year in and year out, and reaped the rewards.
Now you are drowning in debt, the purse strings are a bit tight, and that "business model" is suddenly no good.

When Blackburn and Chelsea won the title with the help of a benefactor, suddenly you have a problem with it?

And now that "not our Derby, that's Lierpool" City are about to do it, you have an even bigger problem?

Let's be honest - one of the best things that could happen for the EPL would be for arrogant twat Clubs like Liverpool and UTD to suffer a major and sustained decline - new blood instead of the usual "Sky 4" and all that.

1 down and 1 to go, I reckon.

You might even learn some humility once your recent history becomes crap.

Also - please explain why "history" means from 1990 onwards.

Thanks for clearing it all up. I just assumed that the victory would have been that much better if you could actually beat your nearest neighbors and all the other so called big teams to the title. And yes I totally understand that we all see things differently. It sounds as if you'd rather battle it out with Wigan and Bolton.

Is it possible to have a count down (or up if you like) clock of how many season tickets or just seats are still available at owed trafford so every time a swamp dweller comes on its a nice little reminder ;)

slightly off topic but ya never believe wat i read one of mates statuses
andit read going buying utd top and getting my little girls (2)one haha(armchair fan mind you) but this is one of the foamers shouting for the the glaziers to get out of the place couldnt make it up

This is how it feel to be City.
This is how it feels to be Manc.
This is how it feels when your clubs not
OWNED BY THE BANK

Bermyboy said:
Thanks for clearing it all up. I just assumed that the victory would have been that much better if you could actually beat your nearest neighbors and all the other so called big teams to the title. And yes I totally understand that we all see things differently. It sounds as if you'd rather battle it out with Wigan and Bolton.

I couldn't give a toss if we beat the rags on the way to a title or not.It's the points gained,not how you did it or who you beat on the way.
They don't engrave results on the cup to my knowledge.
Do you think they care they finished second in their own league and yet still got to call themselves the best team in Europe in 99?
Or that the points gained from the outrageous two feet over the line "goal that never was" at the swamp against Spurs secured them the title that year?

If the rags go bust and end up in the Beezer homes league the year we win the title it will feel all the sweeter to me.

Fair enough. I personally would rather stick it to them year in and year out and show them who the top dog really is. But hey if seeing them out of football completely makes it that much sweeter for some, who am I to tell you you're wrong? I just thought you guys would have enjoyed going to OT every year and truly put them in their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.