Open arms for new fans !

unlikelyfan19 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Anyone who claims to support a team abroad who they have no connection with, have no connection with the place the team is set up to represent and do so knowing that if that team were in the third division they would not do so is - in football supporting terms (not in real life, obviously) - sad as fuck imo.

Does anyone on here admire the footballing style of Barcelona and the way they play loads more than I do? I doubt it. Does that qualify me as a Barca fan then? Does it fuck! I have nothing to do with them. They have nothing to do with me. I have no connection with the city, other than visiting it and me professing to be a fan of their's just because I watch a lot of them on TV and really admire them would be borderline mental illness.

Whatever happened to being able to like/admire/enjoy something without trying to latch on to some sort of sadcase reflective success and claim that you are 'part of' a team across the other side of the world? In fact, let me revise that, 'part of' a successful team across the the other side of the world. After all, whoever heard of The Hong Kong Rochdale AFC Fan Club?

Whether it is claiming to be a massive fan of City/United/Chelsea/Barca/Dallas Cowboys/Mars FC and deluding yourself that it really matters to you, doing so with no actual connection shows some sort of personality deficiency in my view.

I know people think that is a load of bollocks. After all, to insult the 'passion' of a football fan and to suggest that it is all bollocks has to be reacted to with anger and ire, it's the law. But that is only because to do otherwise would show the lie to the nonsense that is "loving" a sports club that has feck all to do with you.

I'd extend it to the likes of sad case Cockney Reds too. After all, what's the difference between them and their Malaysian counterparts. Most of them, just like the huge United fans in Sydney, have nothing to do with United or Trafford and will never see the team play, other than on TV. And if they happen to have the cash to fund the odd trip to Old Trafford, does their financial comfort make them any less sad?

If it were in any other field of life other than football/sport support, 99% of people would question the sanity of such people and call them shallow and sad. Because it is football people will excuse a lot of sad behaviour.

As for how it affects City, the more of these clowns start buying City tops the better. But don't expect me to suddenly offer them loads of respect or to see them as anything other than sad cases who can't enjoy football without pretending that they are part of it and boasting to others that they and 'their' team are the best.

Fair enough, I really don't care if you think I have a personality deficiency or whatever. But lets think about this. I live in Arkansas. If I wanted to support a MLS team, the closest one would be probably Kansas City which is about an 8 hour drive. I have as much in common with Kansas City as I do with Manchester. Our reality over here is different. We don't have small communities packed next to one another. I grew up in a state not a country, a state, that you could drive 14 hours across and never leave the state. We are used to supporting teams that have zero locational relevance. When I was young, I HAD NO FOOTBALL to watch other than your league. Then the MLS came around and it was never on tv, the only way you could watch it for a few years was to drive there. Well, that isn't going to happen as a pre-teen. It is still easier to get access to premiere league matches than it is to watch MLS games. Is this making sense now? I "latch" on because it's fun. Which is the point in sports. Entertainment. It is no different that going to the movies, or going to the pub. It's an opportunity to go out and do something to take our mind off the struggles of day to day life. To have a good time, meet others, enjoy camaraderie. You know what else makes it fun? Having a horse in the race. I am ok with you having your view, but with the way this club is headed you are going to make things hard on yourself it sounds like.

Fairplay to you unlikelyfan as far as i am concerned you are a Blue never mind that your in Kansas or anywhere else, and if you are ever lucky enough to get over to the UK get in touch because there are plenty of Blues who would make you welcome.
Your mam doesn't have to have given birth to you down dog shit alley and then thrown the afterbirth down the Kippax steps to make you a Blue. For God's sake all of us on here will be dead and gone someday but the club will roll on, will that make those Blue's following them then less than us now? Let's just thank our luck that we can go to the match and not be in bloody Kansas even Dorothy needed a Tornado to get out of there.
CTID

lukyman said:
Unlikelyfan19. Listen mate, If you are lucky enough to make it over and make it to see 'GodsChosenCity', I for one would gladly welcome you with open arms and share a pint or two. We both seem mature enough to accept that others will have differing opinions. But don't let it get to you.

+1

Hi.

I am firstly and foremost a Rugby League supporter but always had a soft spot for Man City and have looked out first for their results over the years and secondly because like tens of thousands of others have always regarded the plastic fans of Man Utd as arrogant tossers.

First saw Man City play many, many years ago versus Stoke City ( think it was an FA cup tie) at Maine road when many of that great team played and since then have always regarded them as "my" team. Have seen a few live games over the years which City have featured in and i guess i may see a few more over the next decade or so.

Will only ever be an armchair football fan but hope and pray that this is the start of a very long and very succesfull domination of not on England but Europe aswell.

M.C.F.C.
A local club for local people.
Fuck of the rest of you outsiders,
with your new fangled ideas, we don't want your sort around here.

To any new Blue who happends to come on this site "Welcome" where ever you come from. Please ignore the cavemen on here. They do not represent the majority of blues. In fact if you check out their tag names you will note that 99% of their posts are always negative and are never happy unless they are moaning.

BluePurgatory said:
To any new Blue who happends to come on this site "Welcome" where ever you come from. Please ignore the cavemen on here. They do not represent the majority of blues. In fact if you check out their tag names you will note that 99% of their posts are always negative and are never happy unless they are moaning.

Nothing like a clear and concise counter argument against the points raised. Well done.

Also, have you suddenly become a spokesman for 'the majority of blues' or have you just seen a few key words and thrown down a couple of lines of clichés that don't address anything at all?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BluePurgatory said:

Nothing like a clear and concise counter argument against the points raised. Well done.

Also, have you suddenly become a spokesman for 'the majority of blues' or have you just seen a few key words and thrown down a couple of lines of clichés that don't address anything at all?

Surely you dont think I am having a pop at you? Prefer to go down the line of Less is more, than write a novel like War and Peace. You need to get out more and stop hating you will feel alot better for it!

They are all welcome, how many people do you personally know who call themselves City fans but rarely if ever go...? I know a good 20 or so, those people at work, relatives, friends etc.
Most of them have been regulars at some time in their life, going to the match that is, but times have changed, you can't just turn up on the day and hope to get in now.
The only answer is, a bigger stadium with safe standing areas for cheaper tickets to entice those that whant to go but can't.
Bring it on and fill it up....!?

lastmanback said:
M.C.F.C.
Haha.. unless you're a Sheik with a big fuck off oil tank in your back yard!

;)

lastmanback said:
M.C.F.C.

You really need to understand the plans our owners have, they are global and they include new worldwide fans.

Or have I been clarkied?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.