Open arms for new fans !

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BluePurgatory said:
To any new Blue who happends to come on this site "Welcome" where ever you come from. Please ignore the cavemen on here. They do not represent the majority of blues. In fact if you check out their tag names you will note that 99% of their posts are always negative and are never happy unless they are moaning.

Nothing like a clear and concise counter argument against the points raised. Well done.

Also, have you suddenly become a spokesman for 'the majority of blues' or have you just seen a few key words and thrown down a couple of lines of clichés that don't address anything at all?

Well I agree with him 100%.

After following City for the last 20 years I guess alot of fans will agree with me in saying the club has had its up and downs. Id still love City if we were midtable in the championship and I see our success as an added bonus rather than a necessity. Have to say though that the one thing I hate most about United was their hateful bunch of bandwagon fans, I really did and do hate fans from every corner of Britain etc daytripping to see them and gloating at us in the past when they beat us. Just think it would be my worst nightmare to see our club gather these same kind of supporters and it would really take away what I loved about our identity as a true Manchester club. Suppose at the minute we are always going to have more interest from around the world but just hop it doesn't go over the top and the old lads struggle to even get a ticket. CTID

JMA
your views on people who latch on to football teams from outside there own location or inherited from said location. Does this this also apply to all forms of sport, hobbies or interests.
Your devotion to your local club Manchester city is admirable, are your interests in music, art movies strickly Manchester based ?

As long as you can feel the pain of defeat as much as the joy of victory and stay till the final whistle you'll be welcome with open arms.
On a side issue , how come nobody left the ground early to look after their pregnant cat or the usual excuses trotted out for leaving early. Having a full ground till the end could be the difference between a win and those cunts getting an equaliser

I will give you two camels for your Wife.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/p08gn.jpg[/bigimg]

I am a supporter of sporting teams in USA, Spain, Italy, Germany, Australia, Scotland and England.

None of them are my "local team" and I dont give a fuck whether people find that acceptable or not.

All blues, old and new are more than welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I don't care really but what would be horribly tragic is if the match day loses that local feel its always had and turns into a "day out" atmosphere like at certain other grounds. Only way to stop this happening is keep ticket prices affordable so that our current match-goers can afford to retain and renew their season cards, leaving a generous but not excessive amount on general sale for the casuals, tourists, and locals who can't afford the season card.

With success (fingers crossed) will come more new fans and I understand the need for that, but it will also bring people that I have nothing in common with.

I have friends born and bred down south who are blues for their own reasons, but these are guys I've stood with at many an away game and England games and would trust completely if I got in the crap.
I've met a few city fans who are Mancs that I've thought are complete nobs.
But I just can't come to terms with new fans or armchair fans.
The few reds I know that are decent are the match going season ticket holders, you can chat with them and have a reasoned discussion with them.
The armchair glory hunting rags are annoying and frankly I think I'll find our version of this just as annoying.

LoveCity said:
I don't care really but what would be horribly tragic is if the match day loses that local feel its always had and turns into a "day out" atmosphere like at certain other grounds. Only way to stop this happening is keep ticket prices affordable so that our current match-goers can afford to retain and renew their season cards.

I hope they can too for all the families from Manchester, but do you think it's possible? (Honest question) Especially when you see things like this (released today). http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...telligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

*edit: found a better link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.