Operation: DESTABILIZE

m27

S-A-L-F-O-R-D Salford Blues MCFC, S-A-L-F-O-R-D Sa
I know, I know, another thread about him but hear me out because a lot of decent posts from people are getting buried in a sea of shite, so please give me a minute.

Why don't some of you just lighten up and enjoy the ride at the moment?

If we get him, there is more chance of him helping us win the league than fucking it up (comparisons with Marsh are laughable, Rooney is not , and never has been a 'luxury' player), and if we do get him we are taking one of our rivals for the League's best player and throwing them into even more turmoil. It doesn't matter that it's United, we are weakening a rival significantly and possibly directly influencing the loss of their best manager in history. That's all you need to think of.

There's still this train of thought amongst the old guard in football that "There's only one way after leaving Man United and that's down"; well this is a move that can truly debunk that myth.

As Tolmie rightly posted the other day, "We're trying to win the Champions League, not just qualify for it!". Well I'd like to add to that, the aim is to surpass United's European Cup haul in the next 20 years and if Rooney is part of that then he will no longer be synonymous with United, he will be synonymous with us forever.

If someone says it just doesn't "feel" right then I can't argue with that as it's a personal preference. What I don't understand is the notion that this signing will be a huge risk. I just don't see that at all. Robinho was a huge risk, a player with Rooney's proven track record in the Premiership will not be. He is 24 and out of form, but we now know he simply doesn't want to play for United anymore and never has done this season. Hardly a coincidence and this transfer talk behind the scenes may well have affected his World Cup form as well. He could hit the ground running for us after the weight off his shoulders has been lifted.

Finally, in regard to the 'wind-up' opportunities...I don't see the problem at all. Those lot have won without dignity and class for the 34 years I have been on God's earth and if we aren't allowed to gloat about their 'bad fortune' at the moment then I don't know what the world's coming to. I was watching the telly this morning and saw the local radio presenter from 'Red Wednesday' being interviewed. When Chris Hollins asked him, "Would he go to City?" his depsair was clear for all to see and after a pause he said, "I really hope not" but then he composed himself and went into the generic "Well he's played for Manchester United so there's only two clubs on the planet he can go to and that's Barcelona and Real Madrid." It's at times like that I go from being relaxed about the whole situation to thinking, "You know what. Fucking come on in Wayne. Be a part of our first Premiership winning team and the start of an Empire at City. Let's show these fuckers we mean business."

Sorry about that, I feel better now though.

m27 said:
I know, I know, another thread about him but hear me out because a lot of decent posts from people are getting buried in a sea of shite, so please give me a minute.

If we get him, there is more chance of him helping us win the league than fucking it up (comparisons with Marsh are laughable, Rooney is not , and never has been a 'luxury' player), and if we do get him we are taking one of our rivals for the League's best player and throwing them into even more turmoil. It doesn't matter that it's United, we are weakening a rival significantly and possibly directly influencing the loss of their best manager in history. That's all you need to think of.

There's still this train of thought amongst the old guard in football that "There's only one way after leaving Man United and that's down"; well this is a move that can truly debunk that myth.

As Tolmie rightly posted the other day, "We're trying to win the Champions League, not just qualify for it!". Well I'd like to add to that, the aim is to surpass United's European Cup haul in the next 20 years and if Rooney is part of that then he will no longer be synonymous with United, he will be synonymous with us forever.

If someone says it just doesn't "feel" right then I can't argue with that as it's a personal preference. What I don't understand is the notion that this signing will be a huge risk. I just don't see that at all. Robinho was a huge risk, a player with Rooney's proven track record in the Premiership will not be. He is 24 and out of form, but we now know he simply doesn't want to play for United anymore and never has done this season. Hardly a coincidence and this transfer talk behind the scenes may well have affected his World Cup form as well. He could hit the ground running for us after the weight off his shoulders has been lifted.

Finally, in regard to the 'wind-up' opportunities...I don't see the problem at all. Those lot have won without dignity and class for the 34 years I have been on God's earth and if we aren't allowed to gloat about their 'bad fortune' at the moment then I don't know what the world's coming to. I was watching the telly this morning and saw the local radio presenter from 'Red Wednesday' being interviewed. When Chris Hollins asked him, "Would he go to City?" his depsair was clear for all to see and after a pause he said, "I really hope not" but then he composed himself and went into the generic "Well he's played for Manchester United so there's only two clubs on the planet he can go to and that's Barcelona and Real Madrid." It's at times like that I go from being relaxed about the whole situation to thinking, "You know what. Fucking come on in Wayne. Be a part of our first Premiership winning team and the start of an Empire at City. Let's show these fuckers we mean business."

not too much pressure!! lets try and win 'something' first before all this talk of winning the CL and eclipsing 'their' record.

I agree with you about their fans, its because arrogance is the default position. I had a chat with a rag at work yesterday, I was laughing at the position their club was in and his retort was 'all those empty seats at your games'....this from an armchair fan who hasn't been to a nited game in 5 years!!! YCNMIU.

They say pride comes before a fall....the best city fans can do is be gracious and take the high moral ground....winds them up to fuck.

That's exactly right.

This is a win/win situation for us, pretty much.

We sign him, we have the best team in the premier league without a doubt.

We don't sign him, United are seriously weakened.

I guess the one fly in the ointment is if he signs for Chelsea who are now arguably our real rivals.

But I totally agree he would be a risk-free signing. You could argue that he could drive Tevez away I suppose, but I dont believe we should make decisions on that basis.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
m27 said:

not too much pressure!! lets try and win 'something' first before all this talk of winning the CL and eclipsing 'their' record.

I agree with you about their fans, its because arrogance is the default position. I had a chat with a rag at work yesterday, I was laughing at the position their club was in and his retort was 'all those empty seats at your games'....this from an armchair fan who hasn't been to a nited game in 5 years!!! YCNMIU.

They say pride comes before a fall....the best city fans can do is be gracious and take the high moral ground....winds them up to fuck.

I've had them frothing at the mouth because I've not been getting too giddy about the prospect of us signing him.

"If he comes he comes, I won't lose any sleep if he doesn't" Remember, this is the player that carried them last season and Likkle Ciddy aren't even arsed about him.

It's drving them to distracion.

m27 said:

Totally agree fella-this will be the biggest kick in the bollocks them red twats will ever have-it will propel us to superstar status.I was at our lads football training last night and as soo as i mentioned Rooney to City there was a deathly silence-they are fucking shit scared of MCFC now.

Hes a world class striker who would walk into ANY team on the planet.

Ive waited for this day most of my life watching them cockroaches crawl back under the stones where they belong.

Cant see Rags letting Rooney go to City after Tevez - Real is his most likely destination - if he comes so be it but lets just not get too far ahead of ourselves

It is interesting that all the clubs apart from City have commented that they would like to sign him

dctid said:
Cant see Rags letting Rooney go to City after Tevez - Real is his most likely destination - if he comes so be it but lets just not get too far ahead of ourselves

It is interesting that all the clubs apart from City have commented that they would like to sign him

And that chaps,is the whole point,and what makes it all the more amusing.
They are being dangled like a little puppet,helpless and powerless to do anything.
No wonder Ferguson was nearly in tears-the core of all he's tried to create is being destroyed by the very media monster he's controlled and manipulated for decades....just with the very thought that....."he might sign for City....."

They are powerless..they need the money..all the spin and lies they've tried to fob off the "tick tock" taunts with has been shown in 30ft high letters for the sham it all was.Penniless,potless,best players leaving or retiring...just another shove towards the precipice.

And what chance any top players will ever sign for them now- should Rooney leave?

The OP is spot on....destabilise them...and without uttering a word.

dctid said:

What interests me is that Rooney now HAS to go in January, I firmly believe Ferguson went public yesterday to ensure the fans give him dog's abuse and force him out because he couldn't risk his value depreceating any further.

As I see it, we are in pole postiion for a January signing of that scale. Furthermore, if he doesn't go in January, he will then go for a pittance in the summer to any club with so little on his contract.

There's Win/Wins all over this one no matter where you look. Talk of 50-70m is laughable in January. We will pay the most money but even then I can't see much more than 35m. If he goes in the summer you could see him go for 15m.

My sides can't stand much more of this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.