Operation: DESTABILIZE

m27 said:
shaiomarali said:
He didn't improve their squad of late. In fact, he might have just thrown out his toys out of the pram if indeed his reasons are 1) payrise rejected, 2) colleen ultimatum.

depends on how much we fork out for him. anything above 10mil will give a lifeline for the rags. remember, the reason why they have lost financial muscle is the lack of fund. ship out an unsettled player, buy one who might be the next big thing and we've strengthened them.

again, depending on how much we'd pay. the rags gambled with him on the pitch and his form is woeful. getting him here won't guarantee a return in form, particularly if he brings extra baggage with him.

there is an outside chance of strengthening their squad if we do get rooney. maybe baconface has identified a potential worldclass gem somewhere and they are 10mil short. selling rooney is two birds one stone.

So, let me get this straight, you don't want us to sign him because the money will help United eventhough he is definitely leaving and they will get some money for him anyway?

Ever heard of the phrase, "Biting your nose off to spite your face"?

Not when there is a chance of him going for a free, or the ridiculous buying yourself out ruling.

circumstances point out that interested clubs will find that the ball is in their court. bar a bidding war, the rags are in no position to stamp a buying price.

im not saying we shouldn't buy him. im saying that we, and i presume other clubs, should be the hard hagglers and really have baconface beg us to buy him of them because they are in a lose-lose situation. there is a bargain to be had and since rooney is not a must buy, we should have a low maximum offer, say 15mil max to be realistic.

Soulboy said:
m27 said:
I know, I know, another thread about him but hear me out because a lot of decent posts from people are getting buried in a sea of shite, so please give me a minute.

Why don't some of you just lighten up and enjoy the ride at the moment?

If we get him, there is more chance of him helping us win the league than fucking it up (comparisons with Marsh are laughable, Rooney is not , and never has been a 'luxury' player), and if we do get him we are taking one of our rivals for the League's best player and throwing them into even more turmoil. It doesn't matter that it's United, we are weakening a rival significantly and possibly directly influencing the loss of their best manager in history. That's all you need to think of.

There's still this train of thought amongst the old guard in football that "There's only one way after leaving Man United and that's down"; well this is a move that can truly debunk that myth.

As Tolmie rightly posted the other day, "We're trying to win the Champions League, not just qualify for it!". Well I'd like to add to that, the aim is to surpass United's European Cup haul in the next 20 years and if Rooney is part of that then he will no longer be synonymous with United, he will be synonymous with us forever.

If someone says it just doesn't "feel" right then I can't argue with that as it's a personal preference. What I don't understand is the notion that this signing will be a huge risk. I just don't see that at all. Robinho was a huge risk, a player with Rooney's proven track record in the Premiership will not be. He is 24 and out of form, but we now know he simply doesn't want to play for United anymore and never has done this season. Hardly a coincidence and this transfer talk behind the scenes may well have affected his World Cup form as well. He could hit the ground running for us after the weight off his shoulders has been lifted.

Finally, in regard to the 'wind-up' opportunities...I don't see the problem at all. Those lot have won without dignity and class for the 34 years I have been on God's earth and if we aren't allowed to gloat about their 'bad fortune' at the moment then I don't know what the world's coming to. I was watching the telly this morning and saw the local radio presenter from 'Red Wednesday' being interviewed. When Chris Hollins asked him, "Would he go to City?" his depsair was clear for all to see and after a pause he said, "I really hope not" but then he composed himself and went into the generic "Well he's played for Manchester United so there's only two clubs on the planet he can go to and that's Barcelona and Real Madrid." It's at times like that I go from being relaxed about the whole situation to thinking, "You know what. Fucking come on in Wayne. Be a part of our first Premiership winning team and the start of an Empire at City. Let's show these fuckers we mean business."

Sorry about that, I feel better now though.

I never fully realised how bitter and vindictive you are about the Rags...

Brilliant!

Let's get that fanzine back on the road mate, this stuff is gold dust!

Ha! Ha!

Ha ha ha!!

How many years have you known me? I seriously struggle to believe you've never realised how bitter and twisted I am in all that time!

-- Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm --

shaiomarali said:
m27 said:
So, let me get this straight, you don't want us to sign him because the money will help United eventhough he is definitely leaving and they will get some money for him anyway?

Ever heard of the phrase, "Biting your nose off to spite your face"?

Not when there is a chance of him going for a free, or the ridiculous buying yourself out ruling.

circumstances point out that interested clubs will find that the ball is in their court. bar a bidding war, the rags are in no position to stamp a buying price.

im not saying we shouldn't buy him. im saying that we, and i presume other clubs, should be the hard hagglers and really have baconface beg us to buy him of them because they are in a lose-lose situation. there is a bargain to be had and since rooney is not a must buy, we should have a low maximum offer, say 15mil max to be realistic.

If it got to the summer, £15m would be realistic.

In January I have a gut feeling £35m will be the price.

The Webster Ruling won't come into play because I understand the top clubs have an unwritten rule that they won't ask a player to invoke it.

I do know what you're saying and you have a point which I didn't really pick up from your previous post. Apologies for that.

The problem is I don't think we will risk it going beyond January because the Champions League clubs (he is cup tied at the moment remember) will then became interested in the summer and the transfer fee will be lower so we will be less in control.

To be honest though, considering the amount of the Ronaldo money United were allowed to spend, £35m is a relative pittance. I think he would be a steal at that price.

Since this is now all out in the open i believe if we want him we should be going for him in early January, we must have some indication of who the Rags would target as a replacement and if for example it was Torres i would make them aware that we will also better their bid if they try f**king us about.

Be realistic and offer say £35 million, i would be surprised if he went for more than this. Bear in mind he could go on a free in 18 months and if he doesn't leave in Jan then he will go for nothing.

I suspect the rags have half an eye on Torres and it wouldn't do any harm for us to get a bid in anyway, if they won't sell Rooney to us lets go for the next best option.

Operation: DESTABILIZE

Phase 1 - leak the news to the press Rooney wants to leave United and City are interested

Phase 2 - Ferguson forced to go puiblic with the news

Phase 3 - Mancini denies all knowledge

Phase 4 - Rooney goes public making it clear MUFC haven't a pot to piss in and can't match his ambition.

Phase 5 - To be completed in January

Operation: DESTABILIZE - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.