Operation One End

salfordblues said:
sweep said:
Freestyler said:
I can't work out if your having ago, disagreeing or agreeing with me in this post.

Seems fairly obvious he disagrees with your perception of some advantage to putting the away fans up in the gods. I tend to agree with him, I couldn't give a fuck what it looks like on TV.

A potential advantage of putting the away fans up in the gods is that they may have less impact on the game itself.

If you've got a load of rags or scousers behind the goal winding up our players or spurring their team on then moving these upstairs could have a positive impact on our results.

It's not a proven theory but it's a logical reason to move the away fans.
No it isn't a proven theory, it's a load of cack.

If the trials are anything to go by, all it does is kill off any chance of our home fans making any noise, meaning all our players can hear is the opposition fans.

Our home results also say having away fans in the south stand does us no harm whatsoever, no theory, just fact.

Blue Blood CTID said:
danburge82 said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

SeatingPlannerEtihad.png

The East/South corner should be joined by the South Stand City fans. This should be done by swapping the South Stand away section with the South Stand City section. So, City's vocal areas would be 109-115. The away fans would then be in 116-118. I've even looked at the police barriers on leaving the stadium and all the police would need to do is put them at a slight angle so the away fans can get to their coach park easily:
Like this \\ instead of like this || with the barriers. It's simple as...

The City vocal area would still be near to the away fans for all the banter they like to have, so no problem there. We'd have a joined forces vocal section that would be twice as loud as either of them are currently, so a big positive there too. And the away fans would be tucked away where you can't see them on tele, so another good thing as you'd just see a larger mass of colourful, stood-up, noise making City fans insetad - a huge plus! Oh and those from Level 3 wont have to move when they really don't want to.

Completely agree. We have to try this - much much better than sticking away fans in L3. If this doesn't improve the atmosphere then we may have to admit that we are pretty shit :D

I really dont get this at all why do people think moving people around will make them sing more? so totally moving the away fans didnt work so we will just budge them over a bit,? give it a try then wait and see how its exactly the same as now but with the away fans on the other side of the goal to where they are now, an atmosphere isnt created by which seats people sit in.

Halfpenny said:
danburge82 said:
The East/South corner should be joined by the South Stand City fans. This should be done by swapping the South Stand away section with the South Stand City section. So, City's vocal areas would be 109-115. The away fans would then be in 116-118. I've even looked at the police barriers on leaving the stadium and all the police would need to do is put them at a slight angle so the away fans can get to their coach park easily:

The City vocal area would still be near to the away fans for all the banter they like to have, so no problem there. We'd have a joined forces vocal section that would be twice as loud as either of them are currently, so a big positive there too. And the away fans would be tucked away where you can't see them on tele, so another good thing as you'd just see a larger mass of colourful, stood-up, noise making City fans insetad - a huge plus! Oh and those from Level 3 wont have to move when they really don't want to.

To visualise it better, what you're advocating would be something like this?

cityplan.png

Don't forget we have to give them the second tier as well. I can see how that could work, the issue would be the police agreeing to that long cordon stretching pretty much most of the south stand.

It's all just tinkering to no great effect. Plus that layout creates a big end of match bottleneck of City fans near turnstile J and more of them having to go down Commonwealth Way and back along Ashton New Road to head toward town.

Vic said:
Halfpenny said:
danburge82 said:

To visualise it better, what you're advocating would be something like this?

cityplan.png

Don't forget we have to give them the second tier as well. I can see how that could work, the issue would be the police agreeing to that long cordon stretching pretty much most of the south stand.

It's all just tinkering to no great effect. Plus that layout creates a big end of match bottleneck of City fans near turnstile J and more of them having to go down Commonwealth Way and back along Ashton New Road to head toward town.
It worked the same for the EL3 experiment. Turnstile K usually leads onto commonwealth way (the access leading straight towards the ASDA junction, if that's what it is) but access to that was blocked by the police cordon, meaning basically that half of the East Stand was going through one small gate. Massive bottleneck.

sweep said:
salfordblues said:
sweep said:
Seems fairly obvious he disagrees with your perception of some advantage to putting the away fans up in the gods. I tend to agree with him, I couldn't give a fuck what it looks like on TV.

A potential advantage of putting the away fans up in the gods is that they may have less impact on the game itself.

If you've got a load of rags or scousers behind the goal winding up our players or spurring their team on then moving these upstairs could have a positive impact on our results.

If the trials are anything to go by, all it does is kill off any chance of our home fans making any noise, meaning all our players can hear is the opposition fans.

Our home results also say having away fans in the south stand does us no harm whatsoever, no theory, just fact.

Based on a sample size of two games it's hardly fact. The opposition appeared noisy on Wednesday because we were so quiet.

The only way operation one end will work is if it is fully implemented for seasons. We can't put all our fans in one end and expect the atmosphere to improve,it takes years.

salfordblues said:
sweep said:
salfordblues said:

Based on a sample size of two games it's hardly fact. The opposition appeared noisy on Wednesday because we were so quiet.

The only way operation one end will work is if it is fully implemented for seasons. We can't put all our fans in one end and expect the atmosphere to improve,it takes years.
Not sure what you mean by a sample of two games, we've dropped hardly any points at home in almost a full year.

You think we should sit around in silence (apart from the away fans upstairs obviously) on the slim chance it might improve in a few years? Fair enough, that's your opinion, IMO it's not worth fucking people about when there's absolutely no evidence this harebrained plan will work.

salfordblues said:
sweep said:
salfordblues said:

It's most unlikely to improve if you're moving people out of the seats they've had for a number of years and putting them behind the goal. They don't want to be there which is why they chose their seats elsewhere.

salfordblues said:
sweep said:
Freestyler said:
I can't work out if your having ago, disagreeing or agreeing with me in this post.

Positive effect on our results we a'int lost at home for about 12 month's having away fans behind goals seems to be helping them no end don't it.For me operation one end should be put to sleep like the crowd is everytime its tried.

sweep said:
salfordblues said:
sweep said:

Not sure what you mean by a sample of two games, we've dropped hardly any points at home in almost a full year.

You think we should sit around in silence (apart from the away fans upstairs obviously) on the slim chance it might improve in a few years? Fair enough, that's your opinion, IMO it's not worth fucking people about when there's absolutely no evidence this harebrained plan will work.

My point was that if the club/fans are determined for the "one end" initiative to work then it needs to be implemented for more than two random games in order for it to get off the ground.

For what it's worth, I don't think it'll work either.

Atmosphere has gone flat and I was thinking :- Norwich game NO Bluemoon was sang (I know it was because of G Speed) but we could have sang it after tribute. Poznan was getting dropped after the 3rd goal. Bayern Munich:- fans were more interested in what was happening with Napoli.

Are we getting to use to scoring more than 1 or 2 goals !!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.