opinions of Seaman when at City

Remember him making a clanger against Lokeren at home in the UEFA cup (we won 3-2 in the end I think?)

Other than that, distinctly average at best.

him and schmeichel are the same age and what i say about the pair of them is

schmeichel was a 40 year man who looked and played like a 25 year old
seaman was a 40 year old man who looked and played like a 75 year old

couldnt believe it when after he retired they paraded him on the pitch after he basically took about a million in wages when we were skint

Schmeichel was still in great shape when he arrived at City and clearly looked after himself.
Seaman looked like a middle aged guy from the pub playing on a Sunday, with the beer gut to match. I suppose it demonstrated the different approaches to professionalism from English and foreign players.
Saw his debut at Mansfield pre-season and after the shock at what poor condition he was in, it took 45 minutes to realise he was finished, totally shot.
Remember Blackburn away, the Tarnat free kick game, when he dropped a corner into his own goal? The Sommeil farce? And many other occasions when it was clear the speed of his feet and reflexes had gone, and it was costing us goals and games.
I think his 'injury' was bollocks, that Keegan had told him the gamble hadn't worked and that he wasn't going to play him as soon as he could get a replacement in. It was a convenient story to save face on both sides.

I may have this wrong but didn't he retire between transfer windows and leave us for months with that idiot elleghard?

He made a few mistakes but was far better than his replacement. His injury at Pompey left us exposed and cost s points.

Schmeichel also made mistakes for city.

He was terrible. Obviously came for an easy time to finish his career but got a nasty surprise. Got out quick before the rest of the country realised just how shit he'd actually been for the last few seasons... Was a decent keeper in his time but played behind the best defence of his generation.

Exhibit A: Nayim
Exhibit B: Ronaldinho

i watched his debut against mansfield away and it wasn't pretty. in fact it was horrific. akin to watching barry chuckle of the chuckle brothers prance about in a goalkeeper top. thank god he only lasted until the january when he retired 'due to injury'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.