opinions of Seaman when at City

Seaman wasn't at City long enough for me to form much of an opinion, and in any case he was at City during the time I was simply grateful City were in the premiership.

The fact I can't remember anything bad about him means he was probably OK in a City shirt.

He was a typical City player of the era - hired to keep us up rather than with any serious long term team building in mind.

Debut at home vs Pompey.

Ball over the top, Yakubu chasing it, starting on the half way line. Seaman to start on his line at the same time and needed to win the race to the edge of the six yard box. OK, so it wasn't that exaggerated but he had a lot, lot less ground to cover. But he knew he couldn't and Yakubu gets there and scores.

Thought we might be in trouble then and we were. Harsh to say about a very good player, but he was crap. James, on the other hand, was class. As was Schmeichel.

Seaman was a good goalie, but when we got him he was just a shadow of his former self, shame really because I thought he wasn't to bad.......

My memory is of him costing us points in pretty much every single game he played. I'm sure it wasn't actually that bad, but that's how I remember him; absolutely shite.

That season we had a flu epidemic that went through the first team squad and he was the only one that didn't catch it. True story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.