opinions of Seaman when at City

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYrRqz_knL4[/youtube]

He was a bit rubbish. Schmeichel was quality, but we bought Seaman, when he was coming to the end, and it was showing horribly. There was Ronaldinho, then the corner against Macedonia. He should have retired after winning the FA Cup.

nice guy, but past it. Start of the end of keegan for me. then igned fowler instead of van boyton, the best defender I'd seen at city since hendry.

david'ssilva said:
nice guy, but past it. Start of the end of keegan for me. then igned fowler instead of van boyton, the best defender I'd seen at city since hendry.

Fowler was a year before DvB. DvB did not play well at Liverpool or Leeds, got sent off and injured, plus he did not want to sign for us. People only remember DvB for one home Derby.

James was absolute class for us and I could easily count the clangers he made during his time at the club (not counting England duty!) on one hand.

I still don't know if Hart (and 99% of other keepers) could match him for pure athelticism.

Nervous Nedum said:
Remember him making a clanger against Lokeren at home in the UEFA cup (we won 3-2 in the end I think?)

Other than that, distinctly average at best.

I remember that, and in the minutes before he was larking about with the crowd who were bantering with him about his hair, instead of concentrating on the game. But to be fair, he wasn't as bad for us as he was on They Think It's All Over. He just spent half an hour giggling, and not contributing to the show at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.