Opposition view: Everton

Always favoured Evertonians as they are in a similar situation to what we were in prior to our takeover. Neighbours getting all the glory and money. Football savy fans, down to earth and loyal. Usually good away support in numbers and volume. Moyes though....what a total tosspot and always chumming up to Baconface. I've never celebrated another team scoring as much as I did when the 4th went in last season at the swamp....I knew it was the goal that put the league in our hands and hence I knew the league was ours after that. The pub near Wolves where I was went mental, the mood changed and upped a notch for the final run in...thanks for that. But I hope we stuff em tomorrow for all the dirty, niggling fouls they've done at our place for the last few seasons. Strong ref tomorrow and it should be 3 points no problem.

peoffrey said:
LongsightM13 said:
shackattack is a top lad, one of the best opposition team posters who comes on here. Clued up about his music, clothes etc

Shack are shit. It's maudlin folk rock for men in their 40's.
Waterpistol is a good album.

Moyes really pissed me off with his crying about us signing Joleon. And all the Evertonians who jumped on his cry baby bandwagon pissed me off no end. It's like we had no right to sign a player from them, not like they'd done the same thing to other clubs they bought players from. The bog eye'd wanker didn't half harp on about it for over a year after.

Also the fans moaning the most about Sheikh Mansour taking over us, were Everton fans. For a time, it seemed like every time a phone-in was talking about City or there was an online article talking about City or even here on Bluemoon; there were Everton fans ringing up or posting comments about City being a shit club with no fans and no history...blah di fucking blah.

Plus they'd be on against Fulham one week and there'd be no intensity on the pitch or the stands...then we'd go there and it would be like a cup final.

I really started to have a dislike for them.

However, every time they play Liverpool I want them to win. And really it was just a short time of exposure to a few bitter people that all clubs have. I actually think Everton are a very good club with good fans who travel in excellent numbers. I wouldn't say I liked Everton, but I don't hate them, I suppose I just hated those particular bitter fans and Moyes for all the crying. I do hate Phil Chuckle though, Rag wanker!

I really dont understand the hatred for Moyes regarding Lescott. The end result is we got absolutely top price for a player who should have gone cheap cos he was desperate to go. Moyes did a great job for Everton on the Lescott deal

As for us Vs Man U. To be honest we are shite against all the big sides (and Liverpool) Moyes seems to be terrified of big name teams and strangely not your lot who are the best team. Its fear not some sort of Man U loving match fixing.

Notinmylifetime said:
Always favoured Evertonians as they are in a similar situation to what we were in prior to our takeover. Neighbours getting all the glory and money. Football savy fans, down to earth and loyal. Usually good away support in numbers and volume. Moyes though....what a total tosspot and always chumming up to Baconface. I've never celebrated another team scoring as much as I did when the 4th went in last season at the swamp....I knew it was the goal that put the league in our hands and hence I knew the league was ours after that. The pub near Wolves where I was went mental, the mood changed and upped a notch for the final run in...thanks for that. But I hope we stuff em tomorrow for all the dirty, niggling fouls they've done at our place for the last few seasons. Strong ref tomorrow and it should be 3 points no problem.

Lee Probert 15 Everton games only 1 defeat.
We will see.

Gareth1979 said:
I really dont understand the hatred for Moyes regarding Lescott. The end result is we got absolutely top price for a player who should have gone cheap cos he was desperate to go. Moyes did a great job for Everton on the Lescott deal

As for us Vs Man U. To be honest we are shite against all the big sides (and Liverpool) Moyes seems to be terrified of big name teams and strangely not your lot who are the best team. Its fear not some sort of Man U loving match fixing.

how true

paulchapo said:
Everton are very similar to us before we won the lottery with the takeover.A good hard core loyal fanbase with a local rival who like ours are the media darlings.

It is a pity the Lescott transfer soured things because we did have a fairly good relationship,a few knobs and hoolies aside.I worked with some good loyal Evertonians when i was employed by Bibby tankers in the eighties.

I think Moyes has done a great job there with very little money.Like Hughes the jury is out on whether he would be a top class boss at a club with more resources or not,only time will tell if he gets offered one.Thanks to Twatini and his cronies the door has probably closed on Everton getting a huge cash injection,so it probably won't happen there.

The truth is whether it is stability or his management,Everton made a better job of their situation than we did with very similar resources.

I would like to see them grab fourth spot,though not at our expense tomorrow,though i fear they wouldn't fare much better than us if they did.
Good post.

Have watched quite a few Everton games this season and concur with most of the points made, though I think Jagielka is a tad maligned; he's been a rock when Everton have been under pressure.

Well we have been strange to say the least this season. We have battered teams and come away with a point or nothing, although start has been pretty good, when you take into consideration our recent starts to the season.

I don't agree with some of the comments from shackattack when it comes to Moyes not motivating player to go for the kill...remember how furious he was after the Reading match..I don't think it's only him, it seems that the players are not used to being favorites in some matches and to be honest it is a strange position for us fans too.

Anyway, today is a different thing, we're the underdogs again and that's when our team performs the best. Yes Jagielka has been a bit shaky this season, but when needed he comes good so I don't expect anything different today. Fellaini has been immense this season and Jelavic hasn't really been firing them in like last season but e's always good for a goal so we'll see how your defense copes with these two...Mirallas has been a brilliant signing but he's a bit too fragile for my liking, when he's on the pitch he's really dangerous but it seems like he gets injured all to easily...

My opinion on Moyes might depend on today's setup, if he goes in again with all out defense I might be singing the same song shack is...

I've been pleased with our season so far, and if we come out of today's match unbeaten (but with a good performance and not a negatively all out defensive performance) I'll be really pleased, but still I predict a tough match and a city win...

It's a tough one to call for sure and it depends on ourselves really.Teams that have had a go at us have fared better though that leaves them open to our counter attacking.They have got away with it so far because our forwards have been below par.I just hope we don't se our champions league defending today or i fear the worst!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.