Opposition view: Leeds United

I used to live in Leeds in 2000-2001 so attended the Champions League semi against Valencia and enjoyed some great times, they are a premier league club although I think their fans have proved to be a little fickle the attendances have dropped far more than ours when we were in a similar pickle.

Their fans used to take the piss out of me as I supported a shitty championship club and I used to warn them it could happen to them one day which most laughed at which led me to take pleasure in their downfall as I could remember their smug faces when they used to have a go at me.

However in saying all that times have changed I've grown up and I also miss them and would love them to get back in the premier league.

Warnock's got such a good record at rejuvenating troubled Clubs that I'm surprised he's that dismissive of the Manager. Interesting read - and if the fans' lack of confidence is shared by the team then we're looking at a Rugby score on Sunday.

Seems more witty and less flappy than our fanbase does even though we're only second in the Prem and have a big shout at the FA Cup this season; whilst Leeds were challenging for the title and got the the CL semi-final a decade ago and have had worse times than we ever had since then. Some of our fans really need a reality check.

Seems a forthright enough article to me , the guy appears to have told things as they are ..... and at the moment things are tough for Leeds , the play offs are getting away from them , and Becchios departure certainly won't help their cause.

But they have nothing to lose by taking on City and giving their best , nobody expects them to win the FA Cup anyway , and we have to stand up to them and keep things professional .... they will have noticed how poor we were at Southampton and they won't shirk the cause.

Good little read.

I never saw the troubles from Leeds in the 70s & 80s so I've never had a problem with them. I think the Premier League misses Leeds tbh.

We should win, but I can see the opposite.

funny as fuck.

made rwhites and that other leeds fan lancs whatever his name was (probs same person) who were on here last week look like right dicks.

enjoyed that.

Yes, after the racism and outright kn0bbery of some of the Leeds fans on here like rwhites and nortlancswhatevrhisname, this article made for a good read and proves that even though Lids have a high kn0bhead quota, they also have decent fans as well.

Fair do's for fair comment.. Leeds still have a `few` idiots who drag our name down, but the vast majority are just decent guys wanting a succesful team..

We are currently with a manager who is getting more disliked by the week.. (he thinks we are having a `great` season still), have new owners who are skint.. have a president who must be the most hated man in football and resembles Captain Birdseye..

So being a Leeds fan isnt a barrel of laughs at the minute, but for sure the 6100 of us coming for the day out on Sunday will be as loud as usual, hoping against hope for a miracle.. away days are still fun.. die hard fans having a laugh in adversity, home games are horrible from what is on the pitch to the atmosphere off it..

fully expect to be beaten on Sunday, hopefully not 7-0 though! cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.