Opposition view: Liverpool

We're a smaller club on the way up, they're a bigger club on the way down.

At what point we'll overtake them is anybody's guess (in terms of club size), but who really cares? my house is bigger than yours, my car is bigger than yours etc...

Things change.

Rodgers is a small time manager compared to an all time great like Kenny Dalglish, but he still managed to replace him...
Just as City might replace Liverpool... history counts for nothing Brendan.

We aren't a big club, aye? Well I reckon, he still sees Liverpool as 'big', big being you have to end up in the middle of the table.

If not being considered a big club is the worst thing we have to deal with this season I'll be extremely happy.

In the scheme of things, who cares?

Hi everybods,

First post on here.

Looking forward to smashing the scousers tomorrow, especially as I am watching it with my daughter who is a Liverpool fan (Did you know they won it 5 times - YAWN).

And yesterday I got me new retro shirt for me jollies.

I'm a happy bunny :-)

Our record at Liverpool is poor, and they have some very good players. When they are up for it they are a difficult proposition. If we play to our best we will win, but I think Liverpool are on their way back purely down to Brendan Rogers.

The big club statement is wrong and it all depends on how you define a 'Big club.'

City have always been a big club.When we fell through the divisions and never looked like winning anything ever again our fan base remained remarkably loyal.In what was in effect the old third division we still averaged 28 thousand and for some home games we sold out the stadium.This was when Maine Road had a capacity of 32-35 thousand.

Almost every away game we swelled the home teams attendance massively because of the fact we were a big club they wanted to watch and beat.

Even in the lower leagues the media attention on us was still intense because of the fact we were a big club.

Were we a succesful club?No and that is the difference.So if you define a big club by a large fan base and media attention we were and always have been.If you define it by competing for and winning trophies then no we weren't.

Liverpool away will be tough as always.We are not firing on all cylinders at the moment and they always raise their game against the 'Mancs.' Add to that our appaling record there and a draw is the best outcome i can see.

The Slickster said:
Hi everybods,

First post on here.

Looking forward to smashing the scousers tomorrow, especially as I am watching it with my daughter who is a Liverpool fan (Did you know they won it 5 times - YAWN).

welcome the slickster

The Slickster said:
Hi everybods,

First post on here.

Leave this place now why'll you still have the chance:))

couldn't give a flying one about how you define a big club - City have been, are and always will be the only club in my life ergo always the biggest - well since the advent of sliced bread of course.

As for the dippers I think we will smash them. Nowt at the back and nowt up front is how I'd summarise them. Rodgers has them playing the passing game so they ay. I watched a Hearts side LET them pass in their own third of the field all night long the other night. No movement up front no creativity. He clearly wants to see Carroll bu the owners having spunked all the Torres cash on him are now determied to wait for some other mug punter to materialise and reimburse them. Two hopes - Bob and no.

I think Rodgers main issue is he took over a club that with Martinez and Sousa before him played a certain way and amassed personnel who could play that way. He came via Chelsea who also passed the ball. On paper the Liverpool squad is worth £££££'s more than Swansea's. Man for man however I don't think they are any better and certainly aren't any better playing the Rodgers way hence his desire for a clearout.

Thing is we are miles better all over the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.