Opposition view: Manchester United

Horrible arrogant rag t@@t best squad in the league OMG!!!! Great midfield options now they, ve signed screech cleverly fletcher anderson was expecting to see him on the fried chicken shop the other night!! And great pace and flair in wide area, s surley a reference to young, s gymnastics skills! There front 2 r good but to say they have the best striker options then say wellshit and peahead made me piss. Come on city lets put these arrogant t@@@s in there place sunday.

Perhaps it is just me, but the guy sounded pretty fair to me. 90% of what he said (especially about us) are sentiments already said a thousand times. As for his expectation being to win the league? What did you guys expect? What were your expectations last year after we won the league 2 years ago?

He thinks Rooney and Persie can score 60. Well they have both scored over 30 in a single season before. This is not so much different than folks who expect 70 - 80 from our strikers. You can search the goals thread and see folks projecting 30 for aguero, 20 - 25 for Negredo and 15- 20 for Dzeko.

I am sorry, but outside of the Palace slip of finger, he was on point on everything else. Sure (with red colored roses of positive expectation added), no different from what you'd get from most here.

daxman said:
Perhaps it is just me, but the guy sounded pretty fair to me. 90% of what he said (especially about us) are sentiments already said a thousand times. As for his expectation being to win the league? What did you guys expect? What were your expectations last year after we won the league 2 years ago?

He thinks Rooney and Persie can score 60. Well they have both scored over 30 in a single season before. This is not so much different than folks who expect 70 - 80 from our strikers. You can search the goals thread and see folks projecting 30 for aguero, 20 - 25 for Negredo and 15- 20 for Dzeko.

I am sorry, but outside of the Palace slip of finger, he was on point on everything else. Sure (with red colored roses of positive expectation added), no different from what you'd get from most here.

Yeah, overall I thought it was a fairly reasonable assessment. Didn't agree with it all obviously, but it makes me laugh how worked up some people get over the opposition views. "He rates his team more highly than I do?! What a ****!"

What a bizarre read. Half of it was completely delusional whilst the other half was fair and well reasoned.

I particularly liked the bit about the midfield being infinitely better thanks to the signing of Fellaini. Infinitely? Really?

Large parts of his answers were well observed:

- they are very strong defensively, with excellent options. People (including me) look at the likes of Chelsea and their million AMs and get a bit carried away; defensive strength is vital, though, and often underrated

- we do miss Kompany enormously when he's not fit

- it is very difficult to know what really goes on with transfers so the stuff about their window having been a fiasco may well be over egged

I doubt RvP and Rooney will be quite as goalish as he says, though, as they can't both be the main man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.