Opposition view: Manchester United

Braggster said:
I doubt RvP and Rooney will be quite as goalish as he says, though, as they can't both be the main man
Has there ever been an example of two strikers both getting over 30 in a season in England? I agree, both individually could get 30 if the team was built around them, but they're not going to score 30 each in the same season.

The way they got around the leverkusen defence so easily scares me, we are especially bad this season at letting teams get behind us. They will need to miss alot of chances if we are to get anything from this.

I'm With Stupid said:
Braggster said:
I doubt RvP and Rooney will be quite as goalish as he says, though, as they can't both be the main man
Has there ever been an example of two strikers both getting over 30 in a season in England? I agree, both individually could get 30 if the team was built around them, but they're not going to score 30 each in the same season.

Exactly. Pretty hard to see how this could happen especially as even teams that play two strikers play one in a more withdrawn role.

The way they got around the leverkusen defence so easily scares me, we are especially bad this season at letting teams get behind us. They will need to miss alot of chances if we are to get anything from this.

This is a concern, but let's wait and see how things look with Kompany back, another match under our belt, and more training sessions under the Pellegrini regime to iron out the problem.

It certainly isn't the best squad they have ever had but i will still say the team that finishes above them will win the league.They know what works to win in this league and play a similar game every year that is hard to defend against and works especially well against the lesser teams,who we struggle against.Against better quality it isn't so successful which is why they fail in Europe.

I fear for us on Sunday,Kompany back or not.For them this is an ideal time to play us as we are trying to bed new players in and adjust to a new system.The way we have been playing i feel is ideal for their style and i can see them creating loads of chances against us if we set out in the same formation and style.

This is genuinely the strongest squad of players we've probably ever had

tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

Think they'll be confident (are they never?), but I think we can score goals against them and have regard for but certainly no fear of their potency. We played the better football in both fixtures last season and should go into the match with a core of players who are no longer daunted by history.

Gabriel said:
Think they'll be confident (are they never?), but I think we can score goals against them and have regard for but certainly no fear of their potency. We played the better football in both fixtures last season and should go into the match with a core of players who are no longer daunted by history.

Good post , there , m8
recently they have got away with it a couple of times, lost quite a few and were totally twatted at their's

from my unscientific straw poll of fans of both clubs, the general vibe is.. a score draw, and I tend to agree

There's a lot of typical pre derby nerves showing in this thread. Utd beat Leverkusen, conceding 2 goals at home along the way and suddenly they're a team to be feared again. It's bollocks. By all accounts they were shite against Palace, They lost against an enthusiastic but distinctly average Liverpool side and they drew against Chelsea who lost at home last night to a Swiss outfit.

I fully expect us to bring the 'A' game to Sunday's match, with Yaya being totally up for it and bossing the midfield, Segio ripping Ferdinands' keck's off, Negredo bullying Vidic and Fernandinho justifying his price tag. I also expect Silva (if fit) to take the piss and Jesus to rip them a new one.

We'll outplay, out sing and out fight the red c**ts.

3-1 to the blue shirted heroes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.