Opposition view: Newcastle United

GeordieBoy said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Are they bringing there normal 1500, best supporters my arse.

We can't sell more tickets than the allocation Ashley chooses to take.

Hang on mate.
Ashley takes the tickets he thinks he can sell.
He obviously doesn't think that you would sell the full allocation.
So if you are picking and choosing your games who can blame him.
What were your crowds before KK ?

Very disappointing from the self proclaimed best fans in the world,if football is their religion,then one or two atheists were wearing barcodes today.........

Had to do a double take when I heard some of their songs;

"You're not champions any more''. Er; actually, we are still champions (albeit for not much longer). And when was the last time that lot won anything?

And of course the obligatory "where were you when you were shit". If memory serves me correctly, weren't they pulling in 10-15k crowds when they were shit? I guess they don't do irony up in Newcy Brown country.

Whitworth Park said:
GeordieBoy said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Are they bringing there normal 1500, best supporters my arse.

We can't sell more tickets than the allocation Ashley chooses to take.

Hang on mate.
Ashley takes the tickets he thinks he can sell.
He obviously doesn't think that you would sell the full allocation.
So if you are picking and choosing your games who can blame him.
What were your crowds before KK ?

That simply isn't true. He took the minimum allocation at both Arsenal and Man United away, both of which we could of easily filled twice over, it was hell trying to get tickets for those two games. And as for this match, we sold out our allocation two weeks ago.

Got nothing against Newcastle fans. Sounds like they were enjoying a bit of banter today. We should be able to take it and if we can't then we need to learn how to because we will have a full summer of grief from the rags.

jimharri said:
Had to do a double take when I heard some of their songs;

"You're not champions any more''. Er; actually, we are still champions (albeit for not much longer). And when was the last time that lot won anything?

And of course the obligatory "where were you when you were shit". If memory serves me correctly, weren't they pulling in 10-15k crowds when they were shit? I guess they don't do irony up in Newcy Brown country.

Actually lower than that. The Attendance for the Newcastle V Oxford Utd game - which was the last game of Ossie Ardilles reign before Kevin Keegan took charge for the first time was 10,004.

So unless the Oxford fans all travelled in a Mini they went below the 10K mark.

I do like to see them do well though and have nothing against them but I do get annoyed about how the Media seems to worship their support.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Changing tack, anyone else think a cheeky bid for that Sissoko wouldn't go amiss at the end of the season. What an absolute beast!
Hate to say it, but he made the Zabster look average on a couple of occasions in the second half. Their best player by a long way.

Something doesn't add up.

Newcastle take 4000+ to Wigan and beat up an astro turf pitch, fences, etc. Yet they only bring 2000 to city and......?

Best banter of the day.

"One tier, you've only sold one tier!"

On the way back to the car two mud slingers went past me discussing at the top of their voices and old enough to know better,how we would always be in united's shadow because of our empty seats.Couldn't help but to tell them to stop talking like embarrassing cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.