Opposition view: Newcastle United

Skashion said:
more lazy than useless said:
What is your perception of City as a club?

The best team money can buy. Along with Chelsea, QPR (to an extent), PSG, Monaco and a few Russian clubs - City are an example of Billionaire owners coming in and spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players, with seemingly no restrictions at all - there seems something wrong with that. Hopefully the UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules will put a stop to that kind of outlandish spending - but I'm not convinced it will.
Yawn.

Good job for him Ashley didn't spend any money at Newcastle then!

And he misspelt 'defence'.

Other than that he didn't seem to have anything too interesting to say, there have been far better interviews.
There are plenty of the clueless fuckers out there. Luckily, it's looking like FFP is an unforceable dead duck, ever since a French team got some money and then employed Platini's son. However, if Platini's son loses his job and QIA pull out for some reason and Michelle Twatini suddenly becomes interested again, I wonder how long it'll be before fans from most of the other clubs figure out the top clubs have rode horseback into the castle, slammed down the portcullis and raised the drawbridge to stop any chance of them joining them for the veritable feast on offer within. Luckily we're the last ones inside and can now mock the peasant clubs who tried to prevent our pleasant partaking of pheasant.

In all fairness to Platini I dont think he was overly interested in FFP anyway after reading the Samuel interview, it was just forced upon him by the big boys. He can still suck my balls along with the know nowt Newcastle fan

Summarises Newcastle fans quite well that. Would expect the same from Liverpool and Everton fans. I do get very bored with the ill-informed views of many fans out there. How many clubs in the country are owned by English or indeed local businessmen? And how many have spent millions on players? If we wanted a league where the rags won every year because they had the infrastructure to do so then by all means support financial fair play. We are lucky to have been able to get City to the elite level, it is not possible to get to the top without spending money. Newcastle and Everton are simply jealous that we were the club that was lucky to be taken over by such great owners, who have used a sound business model to progress the club at a realistic rate. Liverpool still believe they have a divine right to be at the top of English football because of their wonderful history. The trouble is they wasted money and have flopped and as long as they aren't in the Champions League no one is interested in playing for them except their loyal scouse player - Gerrard, and he too no doubt will regret not moving in order to win the league!

I am looking forward to the true plans of our owners coming into the public domain. Having ruined English football they can now ruin East Manchester and the future of English football through regeneration and investment in youth and community facilities.

I bet he wasn't whinging when Newcastle were breaking the world transfer record. Typical ill informed hypocrite.
I hope we hit them for double figures now.

I have to say, that Newcastle starting line up looks rather decent. If they can keep everybody fit, it can become very easy to understand why they finished fifth two seasons ago. They have a good bunch of players.

Fucking clueless Geordie prick. Does he forget the benevolence of the Hall family regarding his own club? Smashing the British transfer fee to sign one-hand-in-the-air Shearer? The lavish amounts spent making them also-rans in the 90's and early 00's?

Fucking bitter **** and as others have stated, I hope we smash them to bits on Monday night.

Relegation fodder.

(sorry to ChrisNUFC, who's sound as a pound)

Blueband Brother said:
I have to say, that Newcastle starting line up looks rather decent. If they can keep everybody fit, it can become very easy to understand why they finished fifth two seasons ago. They have a good bunch of players.

I agree, their strongest XI is pretty decent but they have a lack of strength in depth. Without European distractions this season I think they can challenge for top half again.

They will be very dangerous on the break with there strike force we don't defend well this could be a high scoring game

Ric said:
Blueband Brother said:

I agree, their strongest XI is pretty decent but they have a lack of strength in depth. Without European distractions this season I think they can challenge for top half again.

There are also the complications with Joe Kineer and all that entails and the alleged rivalries and separation between the players- the nationality issues (France vs England). I don't know whether that is true or just media nonsense but they really don't come across as a cohesive unit.

These problems may stand to weigh them down once again so it is difficult to really predict what is going to happen to them this season.

Top half however is a reasonable expectation for them.

What is your perception of City as a club?

The best team money can buy. Along with Chelsea, QPR (to an extent), PSG, Monaco and a few Russian clubs - City are an example of Billionaire owners coming in and spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players, with seemingly no restrictions at all - there seems something wrong with that. Hopefully the UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules will put a stop to that kind of outlandish spending - but I'm not convinced it will.

What a ****, how much did Dyer, Woodgate, Jenas, Bramble, Owen cost?

I'd rather have an owner who oozes class, who pumps money into the Manchester area... rather than an overweight piss head that sells golf clubs and trys to sell the Football club on Ebay.

I couldnt give a monkey's what any other fans think of City or out current financial status. The FACT is we have always had the best fans regardless of how our team has made us suffer over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.