Opposition view: Newcastle United

Matty said:
One of the worst "Opposition Views" I've read on here, poorly written in general, and stuck to ill-informed, antiquated stereotypes when talking about us. The whole "Lets see if FFP will stop you" argument is old, boring, and entirely inaccurate. As we've proven, we can still easily spend the best part of £100m and meet FFP comfortably, however teams yet to make it to the top table, like Newcastle ironically, are screwed by FFP and will never make that big jump to become remotely relevant ever again.
Newcastle have never been relevant.

They've never bought anybody including Shearer, Ginola, Albert, Dyer, Asprilla, Distin or Malolm Macdonald.
I lived in Newcastle in the late 70,s and early 80's and witnessed first hand gates of around 10-15,000 in the old third division.
Great city but shite run club

Marvin said:
Found this on the Newcastle web-site
The Qatari's have once again opened up their never-ending chequebook and must be running out of ink for their pens.
Their summer transfer spend has pushed past the £100 million mark but we believe this is a good time to face the blue half of Manchester. Players are yet to settle and the new boys may not be up to speed with the Premier League.
Man City: 2/7
The Draw: 4/1
Newcastle: 9/1
What incompetence!!
Had to go and look at this because of the level of sheer ignorance, and yep, it's there and hasn't been edited yet. Seemingly no-one has noticed. Apparently the info comes from 138.com, but that's not much of an excuse. Just means they didn't write it but the dumb fucks either didn't proof read it, didn't know any better or didn't care.
snbAQrQ.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViF6JRNjTk[/youtube]

Didn't Newcastle have no youth setup until very recently?

If they're against spending and not producing their own what exactly is THEIR strategy? Looks like they're lacking any kind of identity and long term goal. Pick up cheap bit part French players and hope we land in the top half?

Enjoy Kinnear.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 am --<br /><br />Didn't Newcastle have no youth setup until very recently?

If they're against spending and not producing their own what exactly is THEIR strategy? Looks like they're lacking any kind of identity and long term goal. Pick up cheap bit part French players and hope we land in the top half?

Enjoy Kinnear.

What a bland and boring interview. I like Newcastle as a club and in general their supporters are excellent, but where did you drag this dude from, what a bitter cnut..

st. blue said:

Enjoy Kinnear.

-- Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 am --

Enjoy Kinnear.

Keegan shut it down so he would have more to spend on players

One of the worst opposition views I have read. Ill informed at best. Shame really because I have always liked the club and their fans. Honest bunch, football mad.

FFP will doom clubs like his to obscurity for years.

Forgot to add, not that it matters, I really don't like Geordies. Right up their with Scousers and Jocks for playing up to the stereotype.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.