Opposition view: Newcastle United

In fairness to this Ed fella, we only know so much about FFP because we have done it to death on here as it affects us. Barcodes have no interest in it, or us per se, are probably pissed off we got Sheikh Mansour rather than them after Ashley fucked him about and probably believe the shite they are fed from the media.

His opinions are exactly what I'd expect to read from the average football fan.

more lazy than useless said:
What is your perception of City as a club?

The best team money can buy. Along with Chelsea, QPR (to an extent), PSG, Monaco and a few Russian clubs - City are an example of Billionaire owners coming in and spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players, with seemingly no restrictions at all - there seems something wrong with that. Hopefully the UEFA Financial Fair Play Rules will put a stop to that kind of outlandish spending - but I'm not convinced it will.
Yawn.

Good job for him Ashley didn't spend any money at Newcastle then!

And he misspelt 'defence'.

Other than that he didn't seem to have anything too interesting to say, there have been far better interviews.

I walked to the ground last season with an NUFC fan and he said that MCFC were in exactly the same place as Newcastle some seasons back when money was splashed on a range of players. Some recognise the money's gone to plenty of clubs in their time. No one should begrudge us our turn.

The OP needs to understand the difference between the various types of owner:

a) A fat cockney who employs a clown like Kinnear to undermine the manager and take the piss out of genuine fans;
b) Double glaziers who know more about leverage than football and rape the club financially; and
c) Long term investors who pump money into East Manchester and into the youth infrastructure.

If he then wants to criticise, fine.

Blue Til Death said:
I couldnt give a monkey's what any other fans think of City or out current financial status. The FACT is we have always had the best fans regardless of how our team has made us suffer over the years.

Absolutely spot on!

Many different fans think that they and their fan-base is special, but you tell me another club which has fans which have stuck with them through thin and thin like ours have? Add to that having the undisputed most annoying and hated club in British football as neighbours and we have a lot to be proud of!

Even being subjective (which I don't find easy when it comes to City) I can see exactly why the Sheik picked our club - the fans.

stony said:
I bet he wasn't whinging when Newcastle were breaking the world transfer record. Typical ill informed hypocrite.
I hope we hit them for double figures now.

They will keep quiet, under Keegan when they went mad spending wise they'd be chomping at the bit, the shoes on the other foot and FFP gets called for. Rank hypocrisy. Shearer was my favourite player as a kid, made me happy when he turned down United for Newcastle and won a league at Blackburn. But his fee inflated via inflation blows holes in whatever we've paid upto yet for a player.

The problem with fans are they're resentful of others instead of just enjoying the sport and appreciating other teams players. I watched Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton, Swansea and West Brom a lot last season and enjoyed doing so amongst the odd games of the other clubs. I watch Spanish and German football, the odd Italian and Dutch game too. I love football. Never once do I moan about Monaco or PSG buying top players, never once did I hate Chelsea for buying SWP (I wished him well and understood his move), surely I'm not in a boat of few passengers on this. Football is not life and death, it's a leather ball getting kicked around by players who follow money more than the colour of a jersey. Just enjoy it ffs, saying that I expect nothing more from them now, they're a circus and their envy is jealousy driven. Proper shame because they are a genuinely big club.

Found this on the Newcastle web-site
The Qatari's have once again opened up their never-ending chequebook and must be running out of ink for their pens.
Their summer transfer spend has pushed past the £100 million mark but we believe this is a good time to face the blue half of Manchester. Players are yet to settle and the new boys may not be up to speed with the Premier League.
Man City: 2/7
The Draw: 4/1
Newcastle: 9/1
What incompetence!!

Marvin said:
Found this on the Newcastle web-site
The Qatari's have once again opened up their never-ending chequebook and must be running out of ink for their pens.
Their summer transfer spend has pushed past the £100 million mark but we believe this is a good time to face the blue half of Manchester. Players are yet to settle and the new boys may not be up to speed with the Premier League.
Man City: 2/7
The Draw: 4/1
Newcastle: 9/1
What incompetence!!
More proof that newcy brown ale rots brain cells.

Blueband Brother said:
I have to say, that Newcastle starting line up looks rather decent. If they can keep everybody fit, it can become very easy to understand why they finished fifth two seasons ago. They have a good bunch of players.

disagree with all the commotion going on up there it will not be a happy place and a lot of in fighting,i can see them very near relegation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.