OS Confirmed: Dzeko Signs.......

Re: Dzeko signs...

the--dud said:
I'm so happy he finally signed, I hold this player in so high regards. Potentially he could be better than Villa and Ibra combined! (Torres and Drogba for you guys who only knows Premier League players...)

I first noticed him at Wolfsburg. I always like to keep a tab on the tables in all the major leagues, so I discovered minnows Wolfsburg having a sensational start to the season, but to my surprise they kept going! So after looking into I seen online that this unknown £4m Bosnian and some random old-ish Brazilian scored a crazy amount of goals.

Ever since I've been watching and reading as much of Wolfsburg as I could. Very quickly it became clear that Grafite was a decent player who happened to find the form of his life - greatly assisted by Misimovic and Dzeko.

But Dzeko - I've seen a lot of him now... He's the fucking complete package. Probably one of the best positional players I've seen, brilliant first touch, good technique and strength, a very good eye for a pass, very able at headers, equally good with both feet and cracking free-kicks.

I'd say his defining features is:
1. Can't stress enough how clinical his finishing is. I don't want to exaggerate but it's close to Villa and Torres(2 years ago). He just seem to place the ball exactly where he wants it. He can blast the shot put he can also place them beautifully. I don't think I've ever seen him fluff a shot he just seems always 100% composed.
2. His positioning is just incredible, seems to always be in the exact right place to score a goal. Header, long-range, tap in - he's just right where he should be.

One last point: He's not selfish. If he sees a team-mate (often Grafite in the past) with a better chance to score he'll pass the ball. Sometimes for Wolfsburg he was integral in building up play. For a striker he's got great awareness and eye for a pass - not quite on Silva's level but then again who is...

That's a great and very accurate recap, although he doesn't normally take free kicks...

As per Dzeko's not being selfish, he can prove it too... That very season you noticed them (2008/09), Dzeko and Grafite set the Bundesliga all-time-record for the most effective striker duo, by scoring 55 goals together (quoting from memory). The previous record was 53 and was set all the way back in 1971/72 by Bayern's Uli Hoeness - Gerd Muller duo...

Grafite scored most goals in the BL that season, Dzeko came a close second but only because Grafite took all penalties and Dzeko didn't take a single one throughout that entire season. The following year, however, Dzeko took over that great honour, being the BL golden boot, from his teammate...

Why all this trivia? Well, you got yourself an astonishing, honest yet relatively young and still developing striker with great prospects --treat him well! ;-)

I have been following this deal for a year and a half now, and although I "only" liked the City (sorry, I don't consider myself a fully fledged fan -- yet :-) I was convinced that City is the right place for him from Day One.

Hope it works out well for everyone. Good luck winning the Premiership, I think this extremely talented team you put together deserves it!

Home Games

-----------------Hart------------------

Zabaleta----Kompany----K.Toure----Kolarov

----------De Jong----Y.Toure----------

------------------Silva----------------

------Tevez------Dzeko------Balotelli--

Subs:Given,Richards,Lescott,Barry,Milner,Johnson,Jo

Yaya would have to play the role he played at Barca though. That's one hell of a team.

And maybe this away

---------------------Hart------------------

Zabaleta----Kompany----K.Toure----Kolarov

------------De Jong--------Y.Toure--------

--Johnson---------------------------Silva--

---------------Tevez------Dzeko-----------

Subs:Given,Richards,Lescott,Barry,Milner,Balotelli,Jo

dancing_bear0.gif

“There was too much speculation in the papers but my head is always clear. It is important that is the case because if you think too much about what might be it is a distraction and it can affect your game. I was always attracted most to joining City.

This ought to shut up those insufferable Italians and other haters.

haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg

He'll certainly give us something different; decent target man; headers from crosses and set pieces (this is where Boateng and Kolarov, Zab too, should make their presence known in attack); team player; can use both feet; clinical finisher; I also expect he'll get on to the end of more of Kolarov's crosses on the floor across the face of goal. It's going to be interesting what formation we play though. I can see a few.

-----------------------Hart------------------------
Boateng/Zab---Kolo-------Kompany------Kolarov
---------------------De Jong----------------------
-----------------Yaya------Silva------------------
------------Tevez---Dzeko----Balotelli----------

Is the best I can think of and it does look tasty and I trust Mancini knows what he's doing. Rotation and Plan B will also be a consideration. Again, I trust Mancini to make the correct judgement the great majority of the time in that regard.

Strange, they have indeed taken down the story. It was here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/January/Top-striker-Dzeko-signs-for-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... s-for-City</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.