OSC have took the p*ss again

the fa are officially ticket touting. and hiding behind the word corporate. where possible both clubs should acquire the amount of season cards they have . in this case both us and stoke would easily have been covered and the rest shared out between whoever the fa wanted. but as we all know the fa are inept and out of tune with the real football fanbases. imagine the atmosphere if every man city and stoke season card holder was in that ground!!

Re: OSC have took the piss again

malg said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
A good riposte to some of the rumour fuelled exaggeration on here. I'm in a fairly large branch of the OSC (I shan't say which, lest I get myself into trouble), and we got 60 odd tickets for the final of which 50 went to season card holders, and as you say we have to provide our seasoncard no's for all ticket purchases. Our branch runs trips to all home and away games, and we travel long, long distances just to get to Eastlands, week in, week out. And as you also say, we pay our subs to join, and raise money for good causes via numerous social events. The people who run the branches put in a great deal of time and effort all season, and if their reward is no more than a dozen tickets for loyal and deserving branch members who don't have seasoncards then so be it. Anyone that doesn't like it can always complain to the club
Wouldn't be the Exeter Branch would it?
See this just about sums it up, "we got 60 odd tickets of which 50 went to season card holders", right providing all the seasoncard holders met the points criteria (of which i very much doubt) that means at least 10 tickets have gone into the hands of people who don't deserve one!!! I don't give a fuck if Billy organised a quiz night or Shelia did the buffet it SHOULD BE ON POINTS NOTHING ELSE!!! And this excuse "well we travel a lot of miles" doesn't wash either, nobody holds a gun to your head it should'nt matter if you're from Beswick or Exeter!! By the way ive got over 6k points but ive missed out on a derby ticket because of shit like this in the past and feel for the people who are missing out on Wembley!!

dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:
the fa are officially ticket touting. and hiding behind the word corporate. where possible both clubs should acquire the amount of season cards they have . in this case both us and stoke would easily have been covered and the rest shared out between whoever the fa wanted. but as we all know the fa are inept and out of tune with the real football fanbases. imagine the atmosphere if every man city and stoke season card holder was in that ground!!

Agree totally but had to laugh when I've when I've got an ad for Club Wembley flashing at me at the top of the page.

tueartsboots said:
LongsightM13 said:
Probably the best poster on bluemoon absolutely fucking nails it again.
Never mind moaning about the loyalty points scheme, the corruption around the OSC's fishing out tickets to third-hand cards is the biggest scam and scandal of all. Time for a big cull of vested interests and cosy relationships.
As I've said, give me evidence and I WILL bring it up, no prove has EVER been posted/PMd and this subject ALWAYS pops up for big games.

But they won't Tony, it's much more fun creating moaning threads about it rather than substaniating their claims.

howfen blue said:
malg said:
Wouldn't be the Exeter Branch would it?
See this just about sums it up, "we got 60 odd tickets of which 50 went to season card holders", right providing all the seasoncard holders met the points criteria (of which i very much doubt) that means at least 10 tickets have gone into the hands of people who don't deserve one!!! I don't give a fuck if Billy organised a quiz night or Shelia did the buffet it SHOULD BE ON POINTS NOTHING ELSE!!! And this excuse "well we travel a lot of miles" doesn't wash either, nobody holds a gun to your head it should'nt matter if you're from Beswick or Exeter!! By the way ive got over 6k points but ive missed out on a derby ticket because of shit like this in the past and feel for the people who are missing out on Wembley!!

Actually it isn't Exeter, and I have no idea how many points individual season card holders have got. I have got 5500 odd on mine though. The branch is a fair sized one, but to travel to a City game usually means an 8am start and an 11pm finish and great expense, and for that reason a season card is just not a viable option for a large number of members. There must be some very large points totals on some of their City cards though, cos I've seen the same faces on our organised trips for the better part of 25 years. Should they be excluded because they can only make 20 games a season (solely on the grounds of time and cost) rather than 38? Clearly from your "I'm alright Jack" proximity to Manchester, you think so. I don't. What I can tell you, is that those extra 10 tickets were allocated on the basis of which members had made the most organised trips, not doled out in some Mugabesque nepotistic farce, as some posters on here seem to think

I've been a member of Northenden although no longer and have travelled with Stretford a number of times when spare tickets come around for aways.
The are well run and organised affairs with virtually all members being seasoned season tickets holders.
As an example, some OSC's will get an allocation of tickets for a game based on numbers within the club, I am aware that some with members over 100 only got 20 tickets for the final so the rest must do what I and thousands of others did and that was queue or ring up for hours after waiting to qualify based on your points.
The only thing to benefit OSC's at times klike this are that the ones that get tickets don't need to bugger around.

If it bothers you so much, join one, you are still likely to find a branch loyalty scheme on top of season card loyalty points......................

So stop bleating, it's as fair as it's going to get, I for one after 38 years of following the blues live have attended probably 1000 games or more and deserve mine but only have the average loyalty points at 4890........... I don't get all arsey because I don't get tickets for some games, it's they way the mop flops, get over it..........

howfen blue said:

Actually it isn't Exeter cos I moved from there long ago, and I have no idea how many points individual season card holders have got. I have got 5500 odd on mine though. The branch is a big one, but to travel to a City game usually means an 8am start and an 11pm finish and great expense, and for that reason a season card is just not a viable option for a large number of members. There must be some very large points totals on some of their City cards though, cos I've seen the same faces on our organised trips for the better part of 25 years. Should they be excluded because they can only make 20 games a season (solely on the grounds of time and cost)? Clearly from your (presumed) "I'm alright Jack" proximity to Manchester, you think so. I don't. What I can tell you, is that those extra 10 tickets were allocated on the basis of which members had made the most organised trips, not doled out in some Mugabesque nepotistic farce
I've no problem at all with supporters clubs getting tickets providing the members meet criteria, but if you're trying to tell me that somebody without a seasoncard deserves a ticket more than somebody with a seasoncard and over 3k points then I'm afraid your talking bollocks!! It should be on points and nothing else!!

howfen blue said:
Actually it isn't Exeter cos I moved from there long ago, and I have no idea how many points individual season card holders have got. I have got 5500 odd on mine though. The branch is a big one, but to travel to a City game usually means an 8am start and an 11pm finish and great expense, and for that reason a season card is just not a viable option for a large number of members. There must be some very large points totals on some of their City cards though, cos I've seen the same faces on our organised trips for the better part of 25 years. Should they be excluded because they can only make 20 games a season (solely on the grounds of time and cost)? Clearly from your (presumed) "I'm alright Jack" proximity to Manchester, you think so. I don't. What I can tell you, is that those extra 10 tickets were allocated on the basis of which members had made the most organised trips, not doled out in some Mugabesque nepotistic farce
I've no problem at all with supporters clubs getting tickets providing the members meet criteria, but if you're trying to tell me that somebody without a seasoncard deserves a ticket more than somebody with a seasoncard and over 3k points then I'm afraid your talking bollocks!! It should be on points and nothing else!!

Clearly the club disagrees with your "talking bollocks" assessment. For the record I have no strong opinion either way. Your argument has very obvious merit, and I think particularly in relation to the distribution of tickets to OSC branches in and around Manchester. Mine is one of a number of branches over 200 miles from Mecca, and I can only repeat there are members in that branch who are constrained by time and money, but are fanatical Blues who probably spend 3 times more per season than you do, even if they are only able to get to half the games. Perhaps the club feels that long distance loyalty should be rewarded in some small way (and I don't know if that's the case, but clearly there's some reason). Either way, as stated, I qualify easily myself as do my kids and we're all going.

howfen blue said:

Actually it isn't Exeter, and I have no idea how many points individual season card holders have got. I have got 5500 odd on mine though. The branch is a fair sized one, but to travel to a City game usually means an 8am start and an 11pm finish and great expense, and for that reason a season card is just not a viable option for a large number of members. There must be some very large points totals on some of their City cards though, cos I've seen the same faces on our organised trips for the better part of 25 years. Should they be excluded because they can only make 20 games a season (solely on the grounds of time and cost) rather than 38? Clearly from your "I'm alright Jack" proximity to Manchester, you think so. I don't. What I can tell you, is that those extra 10 tickets were allocated on the basis of which members had made the most organised trips, not doled out in some Mugabesque nepotistic farce, as some posters on here seem to think

so what do you reckon, we should give tickets to people based on the furthest away they live from the club, isn't that what teams like the scum do, surely we are a Manchester club? I lived in London for 7 years cos my job took me there and I kept my season ticket and went to the games for those 7 years, but I did not expect any additional benefits for this. It should be how many loyalty points you have, not how far away you live.

BringBackSwales said:

so what do you reckon, we should give tickets to people based on the furthest away they live from the club, isn't that what teams like the scum do, surely we are a Manchester club? I lived in London for 7 years cos my job took me there and I kept my season ticket and went to the games for those 7 years, but I did not expect any additional benefits for this. It should be how many loyalty points you have, not how far away you live.

Not at all. I'm in the same boat as you in that I kept my season ticket going. I'm just pointing out that whilst I was fortunate to have a decent enough job and an understanding family to be able to afford to do this, there are others that aren't. I can only repeat, clearly the club does it for a reason. Why don't you find out what that reason is?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.