OSC have took the p*ss again

Thank god I went through the Supporters Club - we only had 7800 & 4100 points respectively so would have only only enhanced the queuing problems!!

jrb said:
tueartsboots said:
jrb, PM me proof of these practices and I'll happily take the SC Executive Committee to task. I'm not shitting you, my Dad is it on it

I appreciate the gesture, but it's not up to me to prove this. City(and we) know what's going on at some of the branches. City are turning a blind eye to it and letting it continue. They can stop it if they wanted to by introducing new rules and new procedures for the OSC branches.

It is then up to the Secretarys of those branches to implement those new rules and criteria, and to stick to them. If they don't then it is up to City to deal with the those secretarys and branches.

This isn't a witch-hunt by myself and other non-OSC members against genuine OSC branches, secretarys and members. As I have stated, they have every right and deserve an away, semi-final and cup final ticket, if they have the correct loyalty points.

As far as 'I'm' concerned City should carry out a wholesale review of the way tickets are allocated to OSC members and non-OSC members, so both sets of supporters are given a fair and equal chance of obtaining away tickets and cup tickets. (semi-final, final)
The Club and General Executive DO NOT turn a blind eye but accusations need to be balanced with facts to be acted upon. I've a friend who lives in London but is a member of Norway SC branch, that person is going and I'm pretty pissed off- I'm not saying the person isn't a City supporter but I've done a lot of things to promote the club in London, transformed it in fact but hey ho

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Some clown was on here the other night defending some bloke at one of the supporters club who someone claimed was dishing them out to people who have barely attended. I don't know which branch, I can't really be bothered taking note as I have no interest in them.

Anyway, this excuse maker said something along the lines of

"XXXXX is a top bloke who does a lot of charity work and if he decides that someone deserves a ticket then I am sure they will be deserving of it"

After some other bloke had quoted some girl who has virtually nil point getting one from that club.

I couldn't give a fuck whether Mother Theresa had risen from the dead and decreed herself official distributor of tickets.

Why should some joker get to 'decide' who is deserving of a ticket.

Are these supporters clubs run by modern day King Soloman's or something?

I'm writing to this bloke early in order to express how blue I am in the hope that in his mercy he looks kindly on me and "decides", for surely only people like this are worthy of decided, that I am blue enough to take a Champions League final ticket for next season that should really go to a blue with more loyalty points than me.

The only people that defend this shite are those with vested interests.

Absolute bullshit, no matter who is deciding it.

"Whoever he decides to be worthy of a ticket will be....."

Unbelievable!

And I say that as someone who firmly qualified for and easily got tickets for both Wembly games.

As for the "well, why don't you join them" clowns. Feck me, that's a view to be admired. Glad to see that you have such a moral backbone. But we all know that that line usually only comes from the vested interest mob anyway.
Probably the best poster on bluemoon absolutely fucking nails it again.
Never mind moaning about the loyalty points scheme, the corruption around the OSC's fishing out tickets to third-hand cards is the biggest scam and scandal of all. Time for a big cull of vested interests and cosy relationships.

LongsightM13 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Some clown was on here the other night defending some bloke at one of the supporters club who someone claimed was dishing them out to people who have barely attended. I don't know which branch, I can't really be bothered taking note as I have no interest in them.

"XXXXX is a top bloke who does a lot of charity work and if he decides that someone deserves a ticket then I am sure they will be deserving of it"

After some other bloke had quoted some girl who has virtually nil point getting one from that club.

I couldn't give a fuck whether Mother Theresa had risen from the dead and decreed herself official distributor of tickets.

I'm writing to this bloke early in order to express how blue I am in the hope that in his mercy he looks kindly on me and "decides", for surely only people like this are worthy of decided, that I am blue enough to take a Champions League final ticket for next season that should really go to a blue with more loyalty points than me.

Unbelievable!

And I say that as someone who firmly qualified for and easily got tickets for both Wembly games.

As for the "well, why don't you join them" clowns. Feck me, that's a view to be admired. Glad to see that you have such a moral backbone. But we all know that that line usually only comes from the vested interest mob anyway.
Probably the best poster on bluemoon absolutely fucking nails it again.
Never mind moaning about the loyalty points scheme, the corruption around the OSC's fishing out tickets to third-hand cards is the biggest scam and scandal of all. Time for a big cull of vested interests and cosy relationships.
As I've said, give me evidence and I WILL bring it up, no prove has EVER been posted/PMd and this subject ALWAYS pops up for big games.

DD said:
I wouldn't mind but half the ones complaining are only complaining because their own lack of interest in away games has meant they haven't acquired enough loyalty points.

If you still think it's wrong, then simply join your local branch. I'm sure they'd all be glad to see you. A fiver a year, meet special guests, drink with fellow Blues. Why wouldn't you want to? You then might find that tickets are not quite as easy to come by as you once thought! :)
Well said DD.

I don't know the ins and outs of every supporters club.

But I guarantee, you could not simply sign up tomorrow and instantly get a ticket.

These branches would have some form of loyalty point system, official or otherwise. You'd have to prove your worth by being an active member of the club before being handed a pass to Wembley.

Re: OSC have took the piss again

mcfcliam said:
dw7 said:
Why don't you join one if they get all these advantages

If you don't join that's your choice you know how it works stop moaning

Boring.

Might be boring, but it's true. Anyone can join, small price, all the advantages that folk keep moaning about. Nope, I'm not a member!

LongsightM13 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Unbelievable!

Probably the best poster on bluemoon absolutely fucking nails it again.Never mind moaning about the loyalty points scheme, the corruption around the OSC's fishing out tickets to third-hand cards is the biggest scam and scandal of all. Time for a big cull of vested interests and cosy relationships.

You're one of the better posters round here LongsightM13 but fuck me you're surely having a laugh if you think that clown JMA is amongst the best posters on here. The same bloke that always does a runner from a thread whenever anyone challenges the guff he posts? The same bloke that moans about anything and everything even when it's not even worth fucking moaning about? The same bloke that posts in a deliberately antagonistic style but can't fucking take it when anybody challenges him? The same bloke that threw a hissy fit over the "Ruining football since 2008" banner and disagreed with the thoughts of 99.9% of this board regarding that?

As for the continuing argument about the OSC and tickets - well I'm pretty sure that the branches only apply for enough tickets to cover all those with enough loyalty points. It may well be, however, that if someone in a branch that has enough points isn't attending a game then the ticket will be passed onto someone in that branch who has less points. While not strictly correct, what difference is this to someone with enough points getting a ticket for a mate with fewer or no points? In fact, I know one bloke who was in Spain for the semi but got a ticket for that game for someone who isn't even a season ticket holder.

We have people moaning because the loyalty points system is not fair and it doesn't give certain people a chance, then we have moans that the Supporters Club system is not fair and those people above who now get a chance are now getting a chance.

FACT is that the OSC has supported MCFC for longer than the vast majority of people who post on here who haven't got a ticket.

No system is absolutely fair, although my Supporters Club Branch allocation is as fair as fair can be. I can't speak for other branches but all as I can say is that customer numbers have to be used and approved and be Seasoncard holders. Those numbers are approved by MCFC not just the OSC so if you have a problem, may I suggest a stern letter to the Shiekh.

In reality, anyone would think the OSC creamed off thousands of tickets. In reality, the figure is around 500 out of 26,000, 475 of which would have been entitled to tickets off their own steam anyway.

The only beef I can see is the fact that people who apply through the OSC don't have to queue. Well they are the perks for providing extra money to the club throughout the year.

Just as an afterthought, I remember queuing up for five hours in 1989 for a RL Challenge Cup Final ticket at St. Helens, getting my ticket, then going to the Supporters Club cabin to book the coach for Wakefield away. When I got into the cabin, I was told that Supporters Club members were entitled to a ticket anyway and I could have just popped in the cabin and got my ticket.:)

Don't start thinking the Supporters Club issue is unique to City. It happens everywhere and is a just reward for the branches that support the club through thick and thin. If the branch leader is corrupt, then take it up with the individuals, not the OSC in general, nor MCFC for supporting them.

If you want to gripe about tickets getting into wrong hands, why specifically target the 25 OSC ones who might not be entitled to ones normally, why not worry about the 10,000 tickets that get into the hands of FA affiliated clubs that result in Dover Athletic and Dunstable supporters getting a day out they are not that bothered about or, for example, Rainworth Miners Welfare fans selling their four tickets on Ebay for £750 each?

DD said:
We have people moaning because the loyalty points system is not fair and it doesn't give certain people a chance, then we have moans that the Supporters Club system is not fair and those people above who now get a chance are now getting a chance.

FACT is that the OSC has supported MCFC for longer than the vast majority of people who post on here who haven't got a ticket.

No system is absolutely fair, although my Supporters Club Branch allocation is as fair as fair can be. I can't speak for other branches but all as I can say is that customer numbers have to be used and approved and be Seasoncard holders. Those numbers are approved by MCFC not just the OSC so if you have a problem, may I suggest a stern letter to the Shiekh.

In reality, anyone would think the OSC creamed off thousands of tickets. In reality, the figure is around 500 out of 26,000, 475 of which would have been entitled to tickets off their own steam anyway.

The only beef I can see is the fact that people who apply through the OSC don't have to queue. Well they are the perks for providing extra money to the club throughout the year.

Just as an afterthought, I remember queuing up for five hours in 1989 for a RL Challenge Cup Final ticket at St. Helens, getting my ticket, then going to the Supporters Club cabin to book the coach for Wakefield away. When I got into the cabin, I was told that Supporters Club members were entitled to a ticket anyway and I could have just popped in the cabin and got my ticket.:)

Don't start thinking the Supporters Club issue is unique to City. It happens everywhere and is a just reward for the branches that support the club through thick and thin. If the branch leader is corrupt, then take it up with the individuals, not the OSC in general, nor MCFC for supporting them.

If you want to gripe about tickets getting into wrong hands, why specifically target the 25 OSC ones who might not be entitled to ones normally, why not worry about the 10,000 tickets that get into the hands of FA affiliated clubs that result in Dover Athletic and Dunstable supporters getting a day out they are not that bothered about or, for example, Rainworth Miners Welfare fans selling their four tickets on Ebay for £750 each?

Oh DD you can't be as sensible as that, it isn't allowed. :-)

Re: OSC have took the piss again

Exeter Blue I am here said:
A good riposte to some of the rumour fuelled exaggeration on here. I'm in a fairly large branch of the OSC (I shan't say which, lest I get myself into trouble), and we got 60 odd tickets for the final of which 50 went to season card holders, and as you say we have to provide our seasoncard no's for all ticket purchases. Our branch runs trips to all home and away games, and we travel long, long distances just to get to Eastlands, week in, week out. And as you also say, we pay our subs to join, and raise money for good causes via numerous social events. The people who run the branches put in a great deal of time and effort all season, and if their reward is no more than a dozen tickets for loyal and deserving branch members who don't have seasoncards then so be it. Anyone that doesn't like it can always complain to the club
Wouldn't be the Exeter Branch would it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.