OSC have took the p*ss again

Bluebird1 said:
tueartsboots said:
As I've said, give me evidence and I WILL bring it up, no prove has EVER been posted/PMd and this subject ALWAYS pops up for big games.

But they won't Tony, it's much more fun creating moaning threads about it rather than substaniating their claims.

People don't have to substantiate their claims. Everybody knows it goes on, even you. Go on, tell us it doesn't happen. Good one!

It's not up to me to name and shame a person, a Secretary, or a branch via the forum or via a PM.

It's up to City(Gary Cook & Co) to sit down with OSC branch Secretaries and to sort this on-going problem/issue out, once and for all. There might be a few red faces, but if that's the price that has to be paid, so be it.

Let me reiterate once again. Nobody is having a go at the OSC's for what they do. They offer a great service that many City fans are happy to take up and appreciate. From Tickets(with valid loyalty points), to meeting up with friends, having a few drinks, cheap coach travel, special guest nights, etc. Nobody can fault the OSC's for that.

Not only that, but their members who have done the rounds, followed City up and down the country, and have accumulted their loyalty points, deserve an away, semi-final and final ticket. End of.

Just a thought.

OSC members often state on here they do the away games that nobody else wants to do, so they should get priority to tickets. Does that not also apply to none-OSC members as well, who do similar games? If they've done the rounds just like those OSC members, why should they miss out on (semi/final) tickets because of OSC members who haven't done the rounds, but have managed to get a ticket via their branch. Agreed?

If anything, the situation will only get worse as City become more and more succesful. It's now time for City to look into this issue once again or finally, and sort it out once and for all.

Stiff Scotch please.

Not at all. I'm in the same boat as you in that I kept my season ticket going. I'm just pointing out that whilst I was fortunate to have a decent enough job and an understanding family to be able to afford to do this, there are others that aren't. I can only repeat, clearly the club does it for a reason. Why don't you find out what that reason is?[/quote]

What do you suggest I do ring up Gary Cook and ask him? In my opinion it is because there are longstanding matey relationships between the Club and the OSC, and it has always been like that, but I may be wrong. I respect people who travel a long way to watch City but I just do not see it as fair to give tickets to OSC officials to do as they wish with - if they give them to people who have not been to many matches it is hardly fair on non OSC fans who have been to more games; if they give them to OSC members who have been to loads of matches then surely that OSC member gets 2 tickets (one from OSC and one based on points) which also seems unfair. Perosnally I would also not allocate any tickets to players (other than maybe 2-4 each max for close family), club staff (maybe 1 each), and ex players (maybe 1 each), but that is just my view that FANS come first; how many ex players and club workers will be going to Everton on Saturday? Anyway it doesnt matter what I think cos nothing will ever change, I just feel for the fans who go regularly who didnt get tickets when people who go less regularly did.

I also think based on your last point that the clun should not only give their reasons for tickets given to OSC branches, I think they should go further and publish the split between:-

Players
Sponsors
Ex players
Club officials
Club staff
OSC branches
and fans based on loyalty criteria

I reckon we would be really shocked by the results, and that is why they will not do it.

Anyway sorry if my post wound you up, have a great day on May 14th mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.