OSC's

johnmc

Now the way I see it, OSC's are given an allocation of tickets for any game they apply for regardless of loyalty points. Correct me if i'm wrong. So the derby for example, the london brance could apply for ten tickets and get them and someone could get a ticket that has never been a game before whereas someone with 3000 points could miss out.

Whats the thinking behind this apart from possibly getting more money from the day trippers?

The tickets are allocated to OSC members who are card-holders with the required loyalty points. That doesn't mean that those members necessarily use the ticket of course but that's no different to me getting a ticket with my loyalty points but giving it to a friend to use.

lancs blue said:
The tickets are allocated to OSC members who are card-holders with the required loyalty points. That doesn't mean that those members necessarily use the ticket of course but that's no different to me getting a ticket with my loyalty points but giving it to a friend to use.

Thats fair enough if thats how it works. So all the members put their loyalty points up for the OSC to use? I thought it was different.

That's exactly how it works, in fact City have quite specific rules about the ticket allocation, and currently you have to name every member who has a ticket for any away game. Same rules apply if you buy through the CSA.

Also for the UEFA away games, the allocation has been miniscule to the CSA, and members with the correct points were told to order direct from the club.

There would be no point being a supporters club member if there was not some advantage, and these days there are very few advantages, no longer do we get player visits to supporters club meetings for instance. Keegan stopped that.

That would be fair enough if they then didn't come on here and try to sell them for a profit. I was offered tickets for Hamburg from 'blues' who had got them through the OSC and then wanted to off-load them. The thing was they wanted in excess of £50 a ticket! No difference to touts some of them.

squirtyflower said:
That would be fair enough if they then didn't come on here and try to sell them for a profit. I was offered tickets for Hamburg from 'blues' who had got them through the OSC and then wanted to off-load them. The thing was they wanted in excess of £50 a ticket! No difference to touts some of them.

In that case you should report the username to the club. They would investigate, and one branch was briefly suspended over a similar instance this season, they were re-instated eventually but the member concerned wasn't. The club take quite a hard line on tickets, and rightly so.

In that case I will, I was offered them by two different members from different branches, one of them £33 for £19 tickets, and the other wanted £50 per ticket. Both were waiting on their allocation from the OSC when I had to go over to Hamburg.

Go for it squirtyflower. I'm a branch sec and would kick anyone out who embarrassed us in such a way.

Name and shame them please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.