Otamendi transfer confirmed

It is all well and good seeing that video of his great tackles and hearing the comments from posters who regularly watch La Liga to tell us how good he is but we all know there is only one real way to judge a player's ability:

skysportstransfercentrezo-transfer-centre-january_3060639.jpg

3267850_orig.png

One of my mates is regular follower of La liga and said he would be huge upgrade on Mangala and would add great strength t to the squad...
i read a article a couple of days ago that Otam would only cost city 8m because of negredo,s due payment,and the fees being reported is 32m ,and valecia supposedly owed us 23.5 m,so if that is true that he did cost 8 m,but papers are going crazy over 32 m,and if we have got him for by spending only 8 m its the bargain signing of the window all over europe.

It is all well and good seeing that video of his great tackles and hearing the comments from posters who regularly watch La Liga to tell us how good he is but we all know there is only one real way to judge a player's ability:

3267850_orig.png

3267850_orig.png

Otamendi joined Valencia from Porto and made 35 appearances in La Liga, scoring six goals.

Otamendi said: 'I am here to give my best, to fight game by game and push City to the highest peaks for as long as possible, and I wish we will be able to win several cups and titles. That's the most important. To be here inside a club that looks so wonderful from the outside is a dream.'

Otamendi has 25 caps for Argentina and was a member of the side that reached the 2015 Copa America final in July with City team-mates Martin Demichelis, Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta.

He also won the Primeira Liga in Portugal in three out of four seasons with Porto as well as the Europa League.

The 27-year-old defender who signed for Manchester City doesn't hang around once he's on board. Last week, amid rumours linking him with City, he told Valencia coach Nuno Espirito Santo: 'Don't put me in the team anymore. There is a lot of money at stake here.'

He lacks inches - at six feet tall he is relatively short for a centre back - but few head the ball better. 'I'm not the biggest defender but very little gets past me in the air,' he says.

That was evident in January when he got the winner against Real Madrid to end their 22-match unbeaten run. He had marshalled the Valencia defence against the might of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema and then arrived at the right time to score the decisive goal.

He is a big boxing fan and that means not only watching the sport but also using the same training techniques. As a youngster he sparred at his local gym and worked out with other young boxers to build both the speed and power, and the endurance that are now his trademarks. 'The methods are very complete', he says. 'You are working every part of your body.

Sounds good to me welcome Otamendi..

Otamendi joined Valencia from Porto and made 35 appearances in La Liga, scoring six goals.

Otamendi said: 'I am here to give my best, to fight game by game and push City to the highest peaks for as long as possible, and I wish we will be able to win several cups and titles. That's the most important. To be here inside a club that looks so wonderful from the outside is a dream.'

Otamendi has 25 caps for Argentina and was a member of the side that reached the 2015 Copa America final in July with City team-mates Martin Demichelis, Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta.

He also won the Primeira Liga in Portugal in three out of four seasons with Porto as well as the Europa League.

The 27-year-old defender who signed for Manchester City doesn't hang around once he's on board. Last week, amid rumours linking him with City, he told Valencia coach Nuno Espirito Santo: 'Don't put me in the team anymore. There is a lot of money at stake here.'

He lacks inches - at six feet tall he is relatively short for a centre back - but few head the ball better. 'I'm not the biggest defender but very little gets past me in the air,' he says.

That was evident in January when he got the winner against Real Madrid to end their 22-match unbeaten run. He had marshalled the Valencia defence against the might of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema and then arrived at the right time to score the decisive goal.

He is a big boxing fan and that means not only watching the sport but also using the same training techniques. As a youngster he sparred at his local gym and worked out with other young boxers to build both the speed and power, and the endurance that are now his trademarks. 'The methods are very complete', he says. 'You are working every part of your body.

Sounds good to me welcome Otamendi..

Thanks for the extra info on him. Not sure that comment about him lacking inches will please everyone after the apparent crush a lot have on him on account of his mantastic beard...

Masterstroke in our cunning plan to sign all Messi's mates so he has no-one to hang out with. Just need his mum and dad to sign those 5 year contracts now and we're sorted.

We might be better off deducting his Dad's PAYE at source though, just to make sure he doesn't get himself into trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.