Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume Mangala is making lots of basic errors in training and staff think it's only a matter of time till they resurface in matchtime. That's the only logical explanation I can think of for spending a lot in a position we have 4 quality CBs competing.

Just because Vinny had a good game against west Brom, doesn't mean he's back to his best, Mangala can be hot and cold, and Martin isn't the quickest or youngest.
Also, our defence is what let us down last season, so it makes sense to strengthen, the increased competition will hopefully create improved performances all round.

I can only assume Mangala is making lots of basic errors in training and staff think it's only a matter of time till they resurface in matchtime. That's the only logical explanation I can think of for spending a lot in a position we have 4 quality CBs competing.

Or that they're looking at a replacement for MD.

I'd say it's a replacement for Martin.

You never know the theory behind any of it but it's the most logical one.

That's if he was coming btw, which I think is totally fabricated media bullshit.

Yeah, to be fair west brom were in bus parking mode for the biggest portion of the game, its more a positive sign for city in the attacking sense based on that last game.

There really wasn't much pressure the defence before a comfortable lead was established. The chelsea game will be the real test.

Mangala is doing well covering cb and the shortfall in lb - don't see why we need otamendi when denayer looks to be ready and eager to prove himself. Only bonus I see in buying him and Pedro is pissing off the rags

People act like our defence is great or something. Our goals conceded last year wasn't bad, but flattered us a bit. Maybe the club is looking more at our defensive performances in so many Champions League games. City vs. Barca could have finished 6 or 7 to Barca if not for Joe Hart's career best and City would have noted that rather saying "well, we only conceded 1". I'd still prefer a high-end defensive midfielder though, but am not opposed to us strengthening any defensive area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.