Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Otamendi with Mangala is the same as comparing De Bruyne and Pedro.

Mangala and Pedro are good players, but don't even come close to Otamendi and De Bruyne.

Living on a country with a bad league? I watch a lot of foreign games. If it's true about De Bruyne and Otamendi and you don't go back to two stikers, City can be CL winners.

If indeed we wanna bring in Otamendi then Denayer must regret signing contract, feel sorry for kid I thought he was quite decent. People will say hes young and will have chance, that is until we bring in another expensive CB. Otamendi also had only 1 great season (last one), and isnt that young anymore. I know I will be attacked since I dont blindly believe players become world class as soon as they are linked with us. Hes had few OKish seasons, but only 1 good to command such sum. Plus what says he will be good enough in our system or settle in PL, maybe its not defenders but the way we play. Also Mangala has been good, unless you believe DailyFail and others who say hes complete waste of space and Lescott is better defender. I rather we signed quality LB

See what you mean but ottamendi is different to kompany in that kompany relies on his reading of the game nipping in from of players to intercept the ball and is silky on the ball where as ottamendi is a blocker he wins most headers and tackles and isnt as fluid on the ball but his distribution is good.

So basically Joleon Lescott

would keep Mangala if Otemendi comes.
Kompany always injured so all 3 would get games.
Denayer another loan would be a good thing IMO

So basically Joleon Lescott

But with a beard and tattoos. Also he's a bit of a hollywood defender, but effective.

Would that be a bad thing though? 29 goals conceded that 11/12 season with Vince and Lescott. Imagine combining that defence with the free flowing attack of Pellegrini's 13/14.

I'd have said right, as he played RB for Argentina when younger, but this season, where he put in the performances that have made people think he's worth €50m, he was on the left 75% of the time. He's right footed.
He's right footed but he plays on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.