Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
manga in a swap deal, now that would be the most idiotic piece of business we have ever done.

I'd be surprised if Mangala was looking for a move. He seemed determined in the couple of interviews I read of his over the summer to come back this season better after an admittedly ropey start.
I wouldn't be against the signing of Otemendi though, if he's open to a move then get him in and when MD leaves at the end of this season we're not left scratching about looking for a quality replacement.

Spanish press are reporting Mangala to Valencia on loan as part of deal. Don't know if it's a simple loan or loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Well this would make no sense whatsoever. Even taking away the fact that Mangala is several years younger, faster & now has a season's more experience playing in the Prem, & for City, Otamendi has been hawked around for a long time, we have had previous dealings with Valencia, why would City, & Pellegrini, wait until the season starts, pick Mangala for the opening game, then arrange for him to leave, then play Chelsea ?

If Otamendi is so fantastic that we are so desperate to sign him, why wouldn't we, & everyone else, just move for him at the start of the window ?

If we do sign him, which I still don't believe, it surely must be as a longer term replacement for Demichelis ? That would make more sense to me in this timescale. Pellegrini sees Mangala play next to Vinny & he looks fine, so decides it's safe to let Demichelis go ?

I don't get why Demichelis would want to go, either though.

None of this Otamendi business makes sense.

More idiotic than paying 30m+ for Mangala?
by far. Manga had a crap 1st season but hes improving and i think he will be a real asset this season. Otamendi is a great player but i dont think hes to much better than manga and obviously manga has age on his side to be a real force in the premiership

Games before the windows shut...

19 Aug - Champions League
19:45
Monaco

22 Aug - Liga BBVA
Rayo
21:30

25 Aug - Champions League
Monaco
19:45

30 Aug - Liga BBVA
19:30
Deportivo

If he's better than Mangala, how could it be.
not by alot. So getting rid of a potential star who is already in our first team for a guy whos never played in the premierleague, who is older than manga and who to be quite honest isnt as good as hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.